Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
I laughed out loud when Truman said "Don't ever let that crybaby back in here" :mjlol:

My main issue was they didn't go hard enough on showing what a nuclear bomb does to a human. I know there's plenty of docs that show it, but on a massive platform like this on an R rated film, this would have been perfect to show just how fukked up them bombs are.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think it was great. Nolan's nonlinear style works well here to keep you engaged. Florence Pugh could've been axed completely. Emily Blunt did her thing, but not until the second half...almost 3rd act. everyone else did their thing.

There were times when I was like, please don't let this turn into JFK, and definitely not Pearl Harbor.

I do think they could've portrayed how he had a variety of interests, which led to the suspicions through and after Manhattan Project. They spoke on it, but it should've been shown if they wanted to convey the period in time when almost anything outside of the societal norm was considered communism.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
the music was on point in this. really put the movie in a constant uneasiness throughout the entire run time. the visuals were great when Opp was in mental distress.

Strauss wins the award for
player-playa.gif

that meltdown he had at the end shyt talking Oppenheimer. RDJ killed it

the way Opps ex girlfriend went out. most people suicide by bullet or hanging but she decided to switch it up a bit:huhldup:

Cillian killed it with the facial expressions. I loved the ending where he's standing at the pond contemplating the future he ushered in as it switches from visuals of destruction back and forth with the concern on his face.

The team assembly was had kinda a light vibe despite the seriousness of the project. one of the few times Opp had some pep in his step during the second half.

while I could hear the dialogue, I can tell you right now that for some of my older family members, subtitles will be a must.

I agree with what others said about run time. this could have been edited tighter, but overall it was still a good movie.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Yep. Damn it took them a minute to get it fixed. You notice those weird ass dimples on the screen too? They’re always there but it was irking me yesterday. I was ended up watching it at Parkway Pointe today

Didn’t realize there were so many Atlanta people in this thread. I had to watch it at bum ass Regal Hollywood North. These Mexicans behind me were chewing loud as shyt. They needed to turn the volume up on this movie

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Queation for those that seen the movie already.

Does this movie show the Japanese people reactions and fallout after the nuke?

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Ahh damn, do you feel that it took away from the movie? I have not seen it yet but that could have been another layer to add.
For me, yea.
Why make a big deal out of Oppenheimer feeling a way about what he did and not put a face to the victim of what he helped create? There's a few scenes that show some "victims" but it's very PG-13. And they weren't even depicted as Japanese.