Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Well I assume the Limax joint would likely be the better choice

Emagine Cinemas just opened the largest screen in Illinois (in Batavia) recently. Size of a b-ball court turned onto its side. Warmed recliners, cuddle seats up front, very dope/loud sound, seems fire. :jbhmm:

But it isn’t even IMAX, just whatever Emagine’s specialty screen is. Still think I’m better off with IMAX at some regular ass joint in this instance :francis:
A real IMAX is actually hard to find. I'd say there's less than 50 in the US. Hell, I'm close to DC and only 1 of like 7-8 Smithsonian's has a real one

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
:ehh: bingo !!!

nolan seems unable to generate or build kinetic action / energy in his movies.

the opposite to rennie harlin, micheal bay or even a wheadon in this regard.

(russos also have this issue to a lesser degree).

tension in his movies seems somewhat sterile, more fabricated and less organic.

comparison: tension at end of unforgiven.

or ...

one is a nuke, one a worm .. both went as natural as possible but i know which one seems like an act of god and which one falls flatter.

i also felt that this time nolan's re-sequencing to facilitate simultaneous crescendo + reveal / twist in the third act worked to the detriment of the story somewhat, but i need to watch it again.

he might be over using it.

also i think matt damon was miscast.

I agree about Damon. In a movie where I think the acting was some of the best I've ever seen, Damon took me out more than a few times. I think he's the clear weak link. People will probably disagree. He might even get a nomination but I did not love his acting in this movie

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i also felt that this time nolan's re-sequencing to facilitate simultaneous crescendo + reveal / twist in the third act worked to the detriment of the story somewhat, but i need to watch it again.
I couldn’t disagree with this more, I thought it was incredibly well crafted with build up, tension, great performances and was a rewarding & impactful ending. Why did you think this way? I loved the final 45 mins or so of intertwining hearings for Oppenheimer & Struss. Very effective and much better than the norm from a biopic. Nolan nailed the conclusion for me.

I don’t disagree about Damon. I thought he was fine, but the best supporting act here was certainly RDJ

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
For the record, I LOVED this movie but it did need like one more edit to really make it shine.

I don't mind the focus on the McArthyism of the era but the way it's edited that 3rd act is pretty rough. Theh try to spice it up during that interrogation but that came off a bit clunky to me.

Still incredible flick and a return to form after Tenet.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I couldn’t disagree with this more, I thought it was incredibly well crafted with build up, tension, great performances and was a rewarding & impactful ending. Why did you think this way? I loved the final 45 mins or so of intertwining hearings for Oppenheimer & Struss. Very effective and much better than the norm from a biopic. Nolan nailed the conclusion for me.

I don’t disagree about Damon. I thought he was fine, but the best supporting act here was certainly RDJ

those were my impressions up until now.

i will watch it again.