Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
F1q_CX6XsAAnVoW

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

The story of how both women and men want their own gender to have all the power then one man decides to put an end to all the fighting & create something that can destroy both genders before realizing the severe magnitude of his mistakes & having to deal with the consequences after. Doesn't matter if you're on Girl Gang or Man Mafia, at the end of the day, everyone is screwed. :demonic:

It be funnier if Ryan Gosling converted from Ken to Oppenheimer. On some, if I can't have Barbie, nobody can. :demonic:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
good not great for me. I loved the final two hours. I felt like the first hour of exposition was weaker. The scenes with Florence didn’t hit well for me, it jumped around a ton too quickly and the dialogue felt flat to me

loved the second two hours, and thought the final hour conclusion with completing the story arcs of Oppenheimer & Struss were great

3 stars I suppose
just got out of a second viewing on IMAX.

upgrading my rating - the first hour was less dizzying to me now knowing all the players involved.

the final hour intertwining the hearings for Oppenheimer & Struss is so well done and powerful. Amazing stuff

I think each act (it’s clearly broken into 3), keep improving on each other into a classic ending sequence @Lootpack

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
This was some upper level mid i would say. The movie is just a menagery of pointless scenes for about an hour. Then matt damon is introduced and you start to feel the sense of urgency. One by one great actors are doing their thing. Casey Affleck in particular does a great subtle, undestated, menacing performance. The women are underserved however as they not doing anything except fukking, being mentally ill, and nagging except that one chick on the bomb team, SMH, but they do their best with the material.

Nolan is obviously da GAWD when it comes to special effects and this may be his most effective movie when it comes to sound design. shyt is absolutely nuts. You can really feel the anxiety and PTSD coursing through your ears when he's going through it. He also knows how to end a movie as it truly is one of the better build ups that I've seen, leaving you gasping for air and finally realizing the value of Oppenheimer letting himself be dissected for months. Also some of the shots with him and Einstein were literally copy pasted from Inception lol. But overall, meh. I dont care that much about his love life etc, he was literally that nikka for like 5 years, it is what it is. By the time u get to the bomb going off your patience is running thin.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This was some upper level mid i would say. The movie is just a menagery of pointless scenes for about an hour. Then matt damon is introduced and you start to feel the sense of urgency. One by one great actors are doing their thing. Casey Affleck in particular does a great subtle, undestated, menacing performance. The women are underserved however as they not doing anything except fukking, being mentally ill, and nagging except that one chick on the bomb team, SMH, but they do their best with the material.

Nolan is obviously da GAWD when it comes to special effects and this may be his most effective movie when it comes to sound design. shyt is absolutely nuts. You can really feel the anxiety and PTSD coursing through your ears when he's going through it. He also knows how to end a movie as it truly is one of the better build ups that I've seen, leaving you gasping for air and finally realizing the value of Oppenheimer letting himself be dissected for months. Also some of the shots with him and Einstein were literally copy pasted from Inception lol. But overall, meh. I dont care that much about his love life etc, he was literally that nikka for like 5 years, it is what it is. By the time u get to the bomb going off your patience is running thin.
My patience was running thin getting to the end of this post

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
I just got back. Liked it but I thought the messaging and metaphor was a bit too heavy-handed, not really handled skillfully or with any subtlety. Kind of took me out of a few important scenes. First impression is a 7 or 8 out of 10.
Hard to be subtle when the subject in hand is a BIG ASS BOMB :skip: :lolbron:
This could be a sign of me destroying my own ears due to heavy headphone use but the only flaw I found in this movie was all the goddamn muttering some of these characters were doing. Maybe it’s the accents too

I understood it well enough though
Nah the dialogue in the beginning was either getting washed by the score or just terribly mixed. I couldn't hear 2/3rds of what they were fully saying in like the first 15-20 minutes of the movie.