OpenAI introduces Sora

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
believing the compute required to achieve this will remain the same and cost the same in the future.:mjlol:

there are likely dozens of major of companies racing to create AI chips to end Nvidia compute monopoly.

photos today, videos tomorrow.

I'm still waiting for realtime ray tracing. :francis:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
All of these tools depend on humans.

One thing we have that beats an ai is an organic brain
You don’t need as big of a team. I worked for a company that has some of the most popular VFX software, the teams putting in work are huge. With this, you can have a few leads design a direction, AI do the bulk of the work, and then a handful go back in to do touch up/edits. This will definitely affect the VFX designers adversely. They need to pull a strike ASAP and demand some protections

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It's not going to end like the tech nerds think it will

people will seek out human created stuff and human interaction even more
I wanted to believe this but after that AI drake/weekend song charting prior to the cease and desist, I think you overestimate how much value the average current consumer has for the arts

bnew

Veteran
Daps
All of these tools depend on humans.

One thing we have that beats an ai is an organic brain

AI agents are being developed as stand-ins so that it can evaluate from multiple roles(perspectives) and improve responses.

A lot of the expense of video effects is the manual labor and man hours involved in re-creating generic effects like green screen backgrounds etc. That's the concern.