OpenAI introduces Sora

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
some people are not wired for change, holding the rest of us back.:francis:
exactly.. of course there are concerns, but anyone who is against technological progress because people get to do less work has entirely missed the point..

from our inception we've been making tools to reduce labor.. the hammer, the wheel, the steam engine, the computer... humans weren't built to be labor machines... we're just a stop gap until a machine is good enough to replace us for a specific task or job.. should we go back to needing 20 kids working on a farm just so we can feed ourselves?

Their beef is with the economic systems, and their exploitation of human labor, not with the technology itself... this will need to change going this new era.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
ok, then what? what will happen after AI and robots take peoples jobs?

What, you never thought of that?? :mjtf:
I was hoping you'd at least have an idea seeing as how you see no limits to technology.

:manny:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
What, you never thought of that?? :mjtf:
I was hoping you'd at least have an idea seeing as how you see no limits to technology.

:manny:

you're the one with the ominous post, i'm merely asking you to expound on it. what are we not seeing? what do you fear?

Last edited:

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead: this sounds exactly like what someone would sound like at the beginning of the industrial revolution or when vehicles were introduced
Vehicles one of the leading causes of death for decades.

What's so good about the industrial revolution again?:unimpressed:

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
Vehicles one of the leading causes of death for decades.

What's so good about the industrial revolution again?:unimpressed:

So you don't use vehicles or technology? I see you posting on the coli. How did you manage that?

Like someone posted above. It's not the technology itself it's the way the economy works so that people will be redundant and that means the guys with the technology will be the one to gain. It's inevitable. You can either yell in the wind or figure out how to survive in this new climate because your input isn't needed.