Only xbox carriers should be upset over potential $70 games

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah well CD's were also $15-30 back then as well and now you can stream for free so i dont get the comparison to the 90's. Things have changed.

Games also werent selling 30 million copies back then either

edit: you could also rent games for $5 a week back then as well so :camby:
Point still stands, games still much more expensive then with much lower budgets AND shorter game lengths.

Daps
:mjlol:
you don't know how this works
this is pure greed too many people trying to spin it otherwise
THEY WILL charge 70 (plus tax) for games that are 6 hours or less
Probably 4 hours or less :mjlol:
Don't forget about add ons, DLC, microtransacations, etc. :mjlol:
They are trying to rape consumers and some people going okay :yeshrug::mjlol:

:mjlol: What games you playing that’s 4 hours or less?

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Why would you be happy with games increasing in price. US has it good, but other places around the world are actually fked

I ain't saying that I won't pay $80 for demons souls since I've played and beaten all souls games, but I'm not paying that price for a shyt load of games

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Yeah well CD's were also $15-30 back then as well and now you can stream for free so i dont get the comparison to the 90's. Things have changed.

Games also werent selling 30 million copies back then either

edit: you could also rent games for $5 a week back then as well so :camby:
Exactly, the cartridge alone was sometimes almost $30 to manufacture. It was like VHS. VHS dies not only because of quality but discs were way cheaper and easier to produce. Also Nintendo was ripping is off with licensing fees till Sony came and dropped the CD. Games became way cheaper once transition to discs.

At one point Sega Dreamcast was selling new games for $20, giving customers mail-in rebates and shyt :mjlol::deadmanny:

Last edited:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Point still stands, games still much more expensive then with much lower budgets AND shorter game lengths.

The first Macintosh 128K was $2,495, I can buy an iPad a million times faster for less than half the cost.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The first Macintosh 128K was $2,495, I can buy an iPad a million times faster for less than half the cost.

I'm keeping the convo strictly with video games, not hardware.

Games cost signficantly more to make now than then and the price really has not increased as it should have. 15 years at the same price is unheard of in any industry. Cats are spoiled nowadays.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
I'm keeping the convo strictly with video games, not hardware.

Games cost signficantly more to make now than then and the price really has not increased as it should have. 15 years at the same price is unheard of in any industry. Cats are spoiled nowadays.

Net Margins

Activision
14.4% in fiscal 2017
16.9% in fiscal 2018
19.5% in fiscal 2019

Electronic Arts
22.8% in fiscal 2018
23.1% in fiscal 2019
23.8% in fiscal 2020

So we have seen publisher's net margins increase Y/Y and we've seen digital distribution take gross margin from 55% to 70%...these companies are making more money than they've ever had. You're just regurgitating capitalist nonsense.

Daps
Relative to other forms of entertainment, the value you get from a video game is fairly inexpensive.

Exactly, a good video experience last you weeks.

Look at that Ghost of Tsushima thread, mandem was hype for weeks, not days. Same can be said of the god of war thread, Horizon Zero thread, TLOU thread.

Watch when Cyberpunk drops, that’s a game that’s gonna keep players immersed for months.

I’d love to not pay $70 but as these gaming experiences get better the prices will continue to rise.

I’m less enthused about games now than I was as a kid and I’ve never experienced games like God of war and Ghost of Tsushima back then, nothing that made me that excited.

Video games and the cinema experience are merging.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Net Margins

Activision
14.4% in fiscal 2017
16.9% in fiscal 2018
19.5% in fiscal 2019

Electronic Arts
22.8% in fiscal 2018
23.1% in fiscal 2019
23.8% in fiscal 2020

So we have seen publisher's net margins increase Y/Y and we've seen digital distribution take gross margin from 55% to 70%...these companies are making more money than they've ever had. You're just regurgitating capitalist nonsense.

how is it nonsense? Games were being sold for 75 dollars in 1992 dog. 1992. A 10 dollar increase now ain't shyt. That's still cheaper than game cost almost 30 years ago.

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
If I for some strange reason was an xbox guy, I’d be a little upset seeing as xbox has very little to offer as far as exclusives go. :yeshrug:

:camby: But I don’t wanna hear no complaining from the Sony brehs

:ufdup: You already know we get that good crack

Look at how Sony is ending the ps4 life cycle. They deliver.

$10 extra ain’t no thang :whew: nikkas is already paying $65 now.

Sony stans at it again

This time by a poster that admits he low quality

Is happy for sony to charge him more for games

And ends it all with an metaphor likening himself to a crackhead

Another classic sony thread. @MeachTheMonster we need that stamp :mjgrin: