Online Only Games Running This Generation?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
actually you're wrong... you, like most people, confuse the statement "avg" with "people i know"

ps4 has sold 35 million consoles since launch... do you have any idea what even 1% of them are doing with their gaming?? no you do not

you look at the highest selling games, and they are third party, and not any online ONLY games

The 10 best-selling games of the year (2015)
  1. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC) - i'll give you that cause it's mainly multiplayer
  2. Madden NFL 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3) - TOO many people play dynasty/career mode for this to count as online only
  3. Fallout 4 (PS4, Xbox One, PC) - doesn't even have online
  4. Star Wars: Battlefront (Xbox One, PS4, PC) - that's 2 for online only
  5. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One) 360, PS3, PC) - nah.... gta online pretty much sucks to the community... and there is no way you can say people didn't buy this for the 1 player mode too
  6. NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3) - same as madden so nah
  7. Minecraft (360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4) - another no.... has online but def is played a shytload alone
  8. FIFA 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3) - same as madden/2k
  9. Mortal Kombat X (PS4, Xbox One) - 50/50 cause people will play story and challenges and have friends over to play
  10. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC) - 3

and the rest would check out the same...

Best-Selling Physical Games in US for February 2016:
The order of the platforms in parentheses corresponds to sales

1. Far Cry Primal (PS4, Xbox One)
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
  3. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
  4. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 (PS4, Xbox One)
  5. NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3)
  6. Lego Marvel Avengers (PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, PS3, 3DS, PlayStation Vita)
  7. Street Fighter V (PS4)
  8. Minecraft (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)
  9. Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (3DS)
  10. Fallout 4 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

same thing.... a lot of games have online MODE...

but online ONLY... no no no no... that doesn't dominate nor is it even the majority of games on either list

and that's just US.... imagine what the sales are in other countries where the online is worse and they hate FPS

there's a reason microsoft scaled that shyt back.... there's a reason there was an uproar... they have millions put into researching the market... it wasn't just sony stans and false info... they didn't just go back on their word for shyts and giggles and internet comments... they would have lost MAJOR money pulling that shyt
Outside of Fallout 4 damn near every game on that list has a major emphasis on their online components.

You would be missing out on a lot not playing them online. And those games have been around for generations... They aren't doing anything different really that we haven't seen on consoles.

Destiny and now The Division's impact will be greater going forward IMO

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Outside of Fallout 4 damn near every game on that list has a major emphasis on their online components.

You would be missing out on a lot not playing them online. And those games have been around for generations... They aren't doing anything different really that we haven't seen on consoles.

Destiny and now The Division's impact will be greater going forward IMO
Breh we are talking about online ONLY games

The OP and title is online ONLY

The person I quoted said online ONLY games sold the most

He was wrong

Imagine all of these games dropping with NO single player option. NONE. people would shyt their fukking pants over gta online. Sports games with no option to play alone or seasons? Fighting games with no option to play with your boy.

Shooters are the only genre of game that could get away with being online only

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
there are games you play for online and games you play for single player. No one plays call of duty or battlefield for single player, and if you do you're a fakkit, even though modern warfare has one of the GOAT shooter campaigns, 99% of my time spent on that game was multiplayer. What's hurting this generation of games is these shytty business models (E.A. I'm looking at you) where they release a barebones unfinished game and then force you to spend 60$+ in DLC content months down the road.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
My point is there are starting to be too many online only games. Everyone doesn't want to spend their time playing games online. Everyone doesn't buy these games for the same reason. Why can't you allow people a choice?

Let me ask you this, was the online elements in Star Wars, rainbow six, SFV or any of these games that much better than a game that has a decent campaign and a online mode? Is the online element of the new call of duty so much better than the ones in previous years that also had a campaign?

I know a lot of older cats that are still very much into video games that don't like the online gaming. And it's for different reasons everyone doesn't have 5/6 hours a day to put the time necessary in to be competitive online, everyone doesn't have a stable enough internet connection to constantly be online. My point is online is being forced on us and it's pushing me away from too many games now and for $60 I should have the option not be limited to playing that way.
:yeshrug: It's simple don't buy those games. And keep it moving

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
Ubi Soft don't properly support Siege, match makings broken fox hunts broken. Ubi Soft can't be trusted with online games:francis:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wow.

This is EXACTLY the bullshyt that shouldn't be practiced.

So nikkaz playing SP and the game boots to the main menu when server disconnects(something that is on THEIR end?) Mind you this isn't even a MP session.
On top of that, i hear that if you play offline and unlock things(say you're playing offline because of server crap or w/e), anythign you unlock will NOT be usable when you get back online because it counts as a separate server.

This shyt is not wavy.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ubi Soft don't properly support Siege, match makings broken fox hunts broken. Ubi Soft can't be trusted with online games:francis:
I wouldn't say they don't support it. They're released quite a few patches already, they just can't figure out how to fix Ranked Matchmaking.

It's seamless in the Casual Playlist tho

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
I wouldn't say they don't support it. They're released quite a few patches already, they just can't figure out how to fix Ranked Matchmaking.

It's seamless in the Casual Playlist tho
Nah it's very much broken. Match making always crashes around midnight and Fox hunt only gives the defend senario

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This is tough because I like games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age where you can pause the action, make a plan, then execute it. There is no feeling better than a plan coming together for me.

The emphasis on online gaming for fps' and similar games makes this aspect a little tougher, although it's not eliminated entirely. But there is more emphasis on thinking on your feet and long-term planning takes the backseat for quicker, but not as in-depth thinking.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
This is tough because I like games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age where you can pause the action, make a plan, then execute it. There is no feeling better than a plan coming together for me.

The emphasis on online gaming for fps' and similar games makes this aspect a little tougher, although it's not eliminated entirely. But there is more emphasis on thinking on your feet and long-term planning takes the backseat for quicker, but not as in-depth thinking.
:patrice: it seem like it will be the perfect game for u then. during mission u always have to time to play. simple cause after u finish one part of the mission u have to walk to the next checkpoint. so during that time nothin is going on

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
GTA series started falling off once they started integrating that GTA Online shyt imo. Single player for GTA 4 & 5 was barebones as fukk once you beat the story missions. At least GTA4 had the add-on DLC, Rockstar just said "fukk it, more outfits for online" with GTA 5

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:jbhmm:

Looking back at this... hmmm... the pattern continues

:ohhh: