Online Only Games Running This Generation?

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
I don't mind it if it's a game that calls for it but for games like need for speed and 2k that have no real need to be online only or have your progress locked online it's annoying...tf do I have to be online to play a racing game or myplayer for

But let's be real how often is your console not connected online these days so it's not really make or break either way

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
what was stupid about what I said?
Just because YOU like online only games, that doesn't equate to the average gamer liking online only games.. I am overseas where the internet isn't great so ALL of these types of games are a pain in the ass to play.. How am I stupid for not liking this trend?

Make up your mind. Is it online only games because in your last post your were arguing like I was advocating for online only consoles, which I don't. And yes the average gamer does like online only games look at the charts and see what sells. You are in the minority and no offense but no one cares. You don't have good connection there are still single player out there. I quite frankly don't even know what you are upset about

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Make up your mind. Is it online only games because in your last post your were arguing like I was advocating for online only consoles, which I don't. And yes the average gamer does like online only games look at the charts and see what sells. You are in the minority and no offense but no one cares. You don't have good connection there are still single player out there. I quite frankly don't even know what you are upset about
actually you're wrong... you, like most people, confuse the statement "avg" with "people i know"

ps4 has sold 35 million consoles since launch... do you have any idea what even 1% of them are doing with their gaming?? no you do not

you look at the highest selling games, and they are third party, and not any online ONLY games

The 10 best-selling games of the year (2015)
  1. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC) - i'll give you that cause it's mainly multiplayer
  2. Madden NFL 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3) - TOO many people play dynasty/career mode for this to count as online only
  3. Fallout 4 (PS4, Xbox One, PC) - doesn't even have online
  4. Star Wars: Battlefront (Xbox One, PS4, PC) - that's 2 for online only
  5. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One) 360, PS3, PC) - nah.... gta online pretty much sucks to the community... and there is no way you can say people didn't buy this for the 1 player mode too
  6. NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3) - same as madden so nah
  7. Minecraft (360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4) - another no.... has online but def is played a shytload alone
  8. FIFA 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3) - same as madden/2k
  9. Mortal Kombat X (PS4, Xbox One) - 50/50 cause people will play story and challenges and have friends over to play
  10. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC) - 3

and the rest would check out the same...

Best-Selling Physical Games in US for February 2016:
The order of the platforms in parentheses corresponds to sales

1. Far Cry Primal (PS4, Xbox One)
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
  3. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
  4. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 (PS4, Xbox One)
  5. NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3)
  6. Lego Marvel Avengers (PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, PS3, 3DS, PlayStation Vita)
  7. Street Fighter V (PS4)
  8. Minecraft (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)
  9. Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (3DS)
  10. Fallout 4 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

same thing.... a lot of games have online MODE...

but online ONLY... no no no no... that doesn't dominate nor is it even the majority of games on either list

and that's just US.... imagine what the sales are in other countries where the online is worse and they hate FPS

there's a reason microsoft scaled that shyt back.... there's a reason there was an uproar... they have millions put into researching the market... it wasn't just sony stans and false info... they didn't just go back on their word for shyts and giggles and internet comments... they would have lost MAJOR money pulling that shyt

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
My point is there are starting to be too many online only games. Everyone doesn't want to spend their time playing games online. Everyone doesn't buy these games for the same reason. Why can't you allow people a choice?

Let me ask you this, was the online elements in Star Wars, rainbow six, SFV or any of these games that much better than a game that has a decent campaign and a online mode? Is the online element of the new call of duty so much better than the ones in previous years that also had a campaign?

I know a lot of older cats that are still very much into video games that don't like the online gaming. And it's for different reasons everyone doesn't have 5/6 hours a day to put the time necessary in to be competitive online, everyone doesn't have a stable enough internet connection to constantly be online. My point is online is being forced on us and it's pushing me away from too many games now and for $60 I should have the option not be limited to playing that way.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
actually you're wrong... you, like most people, confuse the statement "avg" with "people i know"

ps4 has sold 35 million consoles since launch... do you have any idea what even 1% of them are doing with their gaming?? no you do not

you look at the highest selling games, and they are third party, and not any online ONLY games

The 10 best-selling games of the year (2015)
  1. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC) - i'll give you that cause it's mainly multiplayer
  2. Madden NFL 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3) - TOO many people play dynasty/career mode for this to count as online only
  3. Fallout 4 (PS4, Xbox One, PC) - doesn't even have online
  4. Star Wars: Battlefront (Xbox One, PS4, PC) - that's 2 for online only
  5. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One) 360, PS3, PC) - nah.... gta online pretty much sucks to the community... and there is no way you can say people didn't buy this for the 1 player mode too
  6. NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3) - same as madden so nah
  7. Minecraft (360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4) - another no.... has online but def is played a shytload alone
  8. FIFA 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3) - same as madden/2k
  9. Mortal Kombat X (PS4, Xbox One) - 50/50 cause people will play story and challenges and have friends over to play
  10. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC) - 3

and the rest would check out the same...

Best-Selling Physical Games in US for February 2016:
The order of the platforms in parentheses corresponds to sales

1. Far Cry Primal (PS4, Xbox One)
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
  3. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
  4. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 (PS4, Xbox One)
  5. NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3)
  6. Lego Marvel Avengers (PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, PS3, 3DS, PlayStation Vita)
  7. Street Fighter V (PS4)
  8. Minecraft (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)
  9. Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (3DS)
  10. Fallout 4 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

same thing.... a lot of games have online MODE...

but online ONLY... no no no no... that doesn't dominate nor is it even the majority of games on either list

and that's just US.... imagine what the sales are in other countries where the online is worse and they hate FPS

there's a reason microsoft scaled that shyt back.... there's a reason there was an uproar... they have millions put into researching the market... it wasn't just sony stans and false info... they didn't just go back on their word for shyts and giggles and internet comments... they would have lost MAJOR money pulling that shyt

You talking out of both sides of your ass. And also claiming I'm advocating online only consoles

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
My point is there are starting to be too many online only games. Everyone doesn't want to spend their time playing games online. Everyone doesn't buy these games for the same reason. Why can't you allow people a choice?

Let me ask you this, was the online elements in Star Wars, rainbow six, SFV or any of these games that much better than a game that has a decent campaign and a online mode? Is the online element of the new call of duty so much better than the ones in previous years that also had a campaign?

I know a lot of older cats that are still very much into video games that don't like the online gaming. And it's for different reasons everyone doesn't have 5/6 hours a day to put the time necessary in to be competitive online, everyone doesn't have a stable enough internet connection to constantly be online. My point is online is being forced on us and it's pushing me away from too many games now and for $60 I should have the option not be limited to playing that way.

Yes people do want to spend all their time online, as the person above you posted in his list without realizing he was contradicting himself. Like I said if YOU don't have time, enjoy, etc that's your prerogative. But you are in the minority. Gaming has been moving in this direction for a long time

Rayzah

Daps
Yes people do want to spend all their time online, as the person above you posted in his list without realizing he was contradicting himself. Like I said if YOU don't have time, enjoy, etc that's your prerogative. But you are in the minority. Gaming has been moving in this direction for a long time
Man you have to realize you circle of friends doesn't speak for everybody, people over 30 play video games too, it's not a kids hobby most people that are that old have lives to live outside of spending all of their time on the couch playing xbox. When I was in middle and high school I would agree with this but as an adult I can't dedicate that much time to a game and that is the norm for most adults. It doesn't mean I no longer like video games, the problem is everyone is trying to make the same game and appeal to the same audience, it's just like hip hop if you ain't high and in the club there is not much out there for you. But whatever you don't understand cause your little circle of friends are about that online life :manny:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
You talking out of both sides of your ass. And also claiming I'm advocating online only consoles
How does, you're wrong get confused

You said look at the charts. I looked. Most games on the chart are not online only

Having an online mode shoehorned in doesn't mean that's why people bought the game. doesnt even mean that's what they do the majority of the time

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
How does, you're wrong get confused

You said look at the charts. I looked. Most games on the chart are not online only

Stop being dense. The best selling games have a major Online component that accounts for purchases. They might as well be MP only.
Man you have to realize you circle of friends doesn't speak for everybody, people over 30 play video games too, it's not a kids hobby most people that are that old have lives to live outside of spending all of their time on the couch playing xbox. When I was in middle and high school I would agree with this but as an adult I can't dedicate that much time to a game and that is the norm for most adults. It doesn't mean I no longer like video games, the problem is everyone is trying to make the same game and appeal to the same audience, it's just like hip hop if you ain't high and in the club there is not much out there for you. But whatever you don't understand cause your little circle of friends are about that online life :manny:

Not only do you not know what you are talking about now you are projecting assumptions. The reason why online is so popular and developers are focusing on that because it is instant gratification. It's the opposite of what you are saying. Most people don't have time to put 30 hours into TR. But they can put 2 hours a couple times a week into COD, Siege, etc. I am like that. You remove single player campaigns or offline the vast majority of them won't care. And it's not just my "small circle" of friends. Check the stats for completion rates of them. Division sales are through the roof. Just accept the fact you are in the minority and KIM

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Stop being dense. The best selling games have a major Online component that accounts for purchases. They might as well be MP only.

Not only do you not know what you are talking about now you are projecting assumptions. The reason why online is so popular and developers are focusing on that because it is instant gratification. It's the opposite of what you are saying. Most people don't have time to put 30 hours into TR. But they can put 2 hours a couple times a week into COD, Siege, etc. I am like that. You remove single player campaigns or offline the vast majority of them won't care. And it's not just my "small circle" of friends. Check the stats for completion rates of them. Division sales are through the roof. Just accept the fact you are in the minority and KIM
You guessing. First off.

3 out of 10 are sports games. With seasons and career modes. So you can throw that might as well be online out window

Another 2 didn't even have online at all

And gta and mgs were major 1 player campaigns. Way bigger than their online. Which are both pretty much dead at this point

Which leaves you with 3 damn games as I said. Not even close to a majority

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You know what's a good way to see this? PSN trophy rarity.

Some examples:
The Last of Us Trophies - PSNProfiles.com 55% of the people on that site registered it as beaten on Normal mode.(roughly 300K out of 550K) 65% beat it on easy.
Only 22% won a game online.

GTA V
Grand Theft Auto V Trophies - PSNProfiles.com
51.40% of players(out of 781K) completed the final mission.

COD BLOPS3
Call of Duty: Black Ops Trophies - PSNProfiles.com
52% of players completed the campaign on any difficulty.

There's still quite a number of people who play SP. Removing SP from these games even though the MP are very popular would definitely cause backlash.

Rayzah

Daps
You know what's a good way to see this? PSN trophy rarity.

Some examples:
The Last of Us Trophies - PSNProfiles.com 55% of the people on that site registered it as beaten on Normal mode.(roughly 300K out of 550K) 65% beat it on easy.
Only 22% won a game online.

GTA V
Grand Theft Auto V Trophies - PSNProfiles.com
51.40% of players(out of 781K) completed the final mission.

COD BLOPS3
Call of Duty: Black Ops Trophies - PSNProfiles.com
52% of players completed the campaign on any difficulty.

There's still quite a number of people who play SP. Removing SP from these games even though the MP are very popular would definitely cause backlash.
Exactly the biggest selling games are not online only. The games that the industry votes game of the year are not online games. Online only games are a horrible trend that is going to fail in the long run because in the next gen we should be able to make games that can have both a good story and a good online mode. Just having online is not a complete game to me.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly the biggest selling games are not online only. The games that the industry votes game of the year are not online games. Online only games are a horrible trend that is going to fail in the long run because in the next gen we should be able to make games that can have both a good story and a good online mode. Just having online is not a complete game to me.
I'm fine with games having MP and online options. The keyword is options. I don't mind if during SP I can connect online and compete against other players scores or w/e. I don't mind stuff like that. Minimal connectivity is fine.

"You have been disconnected from the Naughty Dog servers.. Returning to Main menu" in the middle of TLOU 2:A Straggler's End's chapter 4 because of internet disconnection is not what I want. A second player controls ellie at all times. :gag:

Last edited:

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
Not only do you not know what you are talking about now you are projecting assumptions.

:skip: Please don't follow up your comment with your very own assum--

The reason why online is so popular and developers are focusing on that because it is instant gratification.

:skip: Goddamnit.

It's the opposite of what you are saying. Most people don't have time to put 30 hours into TR.

:skip: Most people don't know how to allocate their time to play a longer game.

But they can put 2 hours a couple times a week into COD, Siege, etc. I am like that.

:skip: People can't put 2 hours into Bloodborne/Infamous Second Son/Fallout 4 a couple times a week. They have to do it online since they don't have an option to get that instant gratification. Only MP provides that much AND everyone knows that.

You remove single player campaigns or offline the vast majority of them won't care. And it's not just my "small circle" of friends. Check the stats for completion rates of them.

:skip: fukk what those trophies' stats say, SP campaigns don't matter. Halo 5 removing local co-op for MP didn't affect their sales in the least bit... even though MS refuse to share sales and various websites say it sold worst than any other mainline Halo

Division sales are through the roof. Just accept the fact you are in the minority and KIM

:skip: SP games are going extinct because The Division sold more than any other Ubisoft title.