Online Only Games Running This Generation?

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no is the answer.

as far as day one patches and dlc, well thats been going on since the end of last generation and we the consumers have no say so in day one patches, dlc, and online only games. those are dictated by shytty companies, and greedy developers. only a handful of games are onljne only and imo aren't the end all be all of gaming.sit back and enjoy the ride because anybody crying about the direction of the game industry is out of touch with reality. we have very little to zero input

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It probably will for some triple A titles. The market is more than just those games tho. What are these other games that aren't MP focused outright that fall into this criteria tho as I mentioned earlier?
Everything outside of Independent titles and a few mainstream games are tied to online connectivity.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
no is the answer.

as far as day one patches and dlc, well thats been going on since the end of last generation and we the consumers have no say so in day one patches, dlc, and online only games. those are dictated by shytty companies, and greedy developers. only a handful of games are onljne only and imo aren't the end all be all of gaming.sit back and enjoy the ride because anybody crying about the direction of the game industry is out of touch with reality. we have very little to zero input
Last generation did not have the same amount of titles coming out that were this barebones... essentially depending on later patches/DLC/updates to flesh out and complete the game.

Give me examples of AAA last gen titles that shipped without campaigns? I can't think of any besides TitanFall, which is arguably a next gen game.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Everything outside of Independent titles and a few mainstream games are tied to online connectivity.

Tied to it for better/more experience, perhaps. shyt, just the world we live in that everything is tied to online in some capacity. But it's not essential to most games really if you just wanted to play thru the game and nothing more. While there's some hiccups and shenanigans with it for sure and probably always will be to some level, it's (online integration) mostly for the greater good than it is a negative any. You could buy a game like, Bloodborne, Uncharted, God of War, Devil May Cry, Infamous, etc. and never have anything to deal with online at all and be just fine. However, online components just add to the game and otherwise, more value to it overall, not devalue them any. But I'm sure you already know all this tho . I say all this as it seems you're looking at this in a potentially slighted fashion. I could be wrong tho.:yeshrug:

As for patches tho, shyt, we should be thankful that games have patches than bytch about them. Games have always had glitches and always will have them, especially as they get bigger and scale and scope. There's just far too many workings of what goes underneath the hood to be able to foresee and prevent every potential issue that may happen. Least now these issues can ultimately be fixed at some point in time tho. If you want the rare game that is sans glitches, a la Mario games, take a gander at just how long it takes them joints to release. Mario used to be the game that came with the system. Nowadays and for several gens now, it don't usually even drop until like 2 years in cuz it takes an excessive amount of work to have a game be glitch "free". Even then, they still may have an occasional on in there, yet to be discovered.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last generation did not have the same amount of titles coming out that were this barebones... essentially depending on later patches/DLC/updates to flesh out and complete the game.

Give me examples of AAA last gen titles that shipped without campaigns? I can't think of any besides TitanFall, which is arguably a next gen game.
Bloodborne
Dragon Age
Shadows of Mordor
Witcher
Fallout
COD
Halo
Dead Rising
Tomb Raider
should i keep going breh, no disrespect but i think your a bit out touch

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
no is the answer.

:what:

you vote with your wallet

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Tied to it for better/more experience, perhaps. shyt, just the world we live in that everything is tied to online in some capacity. But it's not essential to most games really if you just wanted to play thru the game and nothing more. While there's some hiccups and shenanigans with it for sure and probably always will be to some level, it's (online integration) mostly for the greater good than it is a negative any. You could buy a game like, Bloodborne, Uncharted, God of War, Devil May Cry, Infamous, etc. and never have anything to deal with online at all and be just fine. However, online components just add to the game and otherwise, more value to it overall, not devalue them any. But I'm sure you already know all this tho . I say all this as it seems you're looking at this in a potentially slighted fashion. I could be wrong tho.:yeshrug:

As for patches tho, shyt, we should be thankful that games have patches than bytch about them. Games have always had glitches and always will have them, especially as they get bigger and scale and scope. There's just far too many workings of what goes underneath the hood to be able to foresee and prevent every potential issue that may happen. Least now these issues can ultimately be fixed at some point in time tho. If you want the rare game that is sans glitches, a la Mario games, take a gander at just how long it takes them joints to release. Mario used to be the game that came with the system. Nowadays and for several gens now, it don't usually even drop until like 2 years in cuz it takes an excessive amount of work to have a game be glitch "free". Even then, they still may have an occasional on in there, yet to be discovered.
Online is essential to most games. There are a few games that come out that are still single player only, but for the most part, the online portion to a game is key to the game's longevity.

I know there have been some good to great single player games released, but are they having a lasting impact on the generation? Are they influencing other devs to improve and make better campaigns? That's what I mean when I say, online only games are running shyt. There are traditional games, but the new wave seems to continue trending towards the connectivity space.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Really don't mind it nor see what people's issue with it is
One could say that the potential for online only games is greater than what we've gotten used to on consoles over the last few gens.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
NBA 2K does this too I believe

It does.
Lost Internet for a minute, they took my ass directly out my fukking game and to the menu screen.
Ain't saved shyt, either.
"We took you back to the main screen 'cause you lost access to the server."
:beli:

Plus the few times I'm not on XBL and try and boot my shyt up, they let you know they can't give me no VC 'cause I ain't connected.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It does.
Lost Internet for a minute, they took my ass directly out my fukking game and to the menu screen.
Ain't saved shyt, either.
"We took you back to the main screen 'cause you lost access to the server."
:beli:

Plus the few times I'm not on XBL and try and boot my shyt up, they let you know they can't give me no VC 'cause I ain't connected.
Were you playing myPlayer or just a regular game?

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Were you playing myPlayer or just a regular game?

MyCareer.
I don't really venture into anything else since the connection where I'm at is trash so couple that with how bad the servers are from what I hear, and I'd be lucky to finish a game in Mypark or against a friend.

Red Maverick II

Special A Class Hunter
Daps
The traditional sports games are now even tied to online servers, and cutting them off after the new game the following year comes out. I don't understand that shyt at all.

It's called Planned Obsolescence. They want to give you more of a reason to buy next year's game.

What better way than to cut you off completely from playing online