One thing your father taught you.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
My father always told me to wisen up son
Cause if you hang with 9 broke friends. . . your bound to be the 10th one.

:yeshrug:

Nah that was PMD. But he did teach me work ethic. Later when I joined the Navy I was amazed at how easy it was and how much other dudes bytched about doing the slightest lil bit of work.

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
My dad - "You can trust a woman, until her back foot hits that last step"

I was like huh? Basically it means you can trust as long as you can watch her.

My grandpa to my dad "Just Live"

Pretty much concern any and all fukk aspects of life and love. Cheating, deaths, hard times, we're all going to experience sooner or later if you "just live" long enough.

"That's what's family suppose to do"

Always look out for you brothers (5 of us) Family first no matter what happens.

Daps
Never fight fair.

Pops was a Navy Seal and told me they damn sure aint teach them to fight fair....

Taught me always throw the first blow, make it a devastating blow, and follow up to make sure that person won't be a threat when its time to turn your back and leave.

Im a big dude (6 ft 7, 250 lbs.)...but I'll still beat a 5'5 dude up with a brick before I shoot him a fair one. I will grab a mothafukka and bite a chunk of his flesh out and spit it right back on him before I will box it out with him. If I feel any type of tension brewing, I will sneakshot a mothafukka with a bottle with the quickness

Never been bested by anyone in my entire life because of how my pops taught me to hurt people in the interest of self preservation. Thanks pops :myman:

STEVE

MIami Beach on the check-in.
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, FL
1) Never lose track of your luggage
2) Always take the first available transportation
3) Never get involved in the selling of drugs because everyone has the potential to snitch (my dad is a lawyer)
4) Show up even if you're not prepared, don't be a flake. "Be there."

other than that he has given me a lot of good advice but his cynicism certainly influenced mine and that can be an issue.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
My father taught me EVERYTHING. How to view my surroundings, how to handle adversity, how to deal with relationships, how to carry yourself with pride and dignity. There isn't simply one single thing that I can break down that he taught me but when it all comes down to it he taught me the meaning of what it means to be a MAN. He sacrificed everything to raise us. He truly gave his all, when I was 7 years old and the teachers said I had ADHD and were gonna put me on riddilin, my mother was all for it but my father went up to that school and told them they weren't gonna put me on shyt! He went to bat for me because he BELIEVED in me for the simple fact that I was his son.

My father taught me the true meaning of a Hero.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Never underestimate your opponent.... *Always reminded me of that one*

Put your pride aside when it comes to arguing with YOUR lady, even if you win the arguement, you still don't really win. Tell her she is right even if she isn't if you want your peace.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Never leave your house without your keys, your wallet, and your watch/phone. EVER... No matter what...

It sounds so simple... but you'd be amazed how many things could go wrong, and how much worse it would be if you didn't have all those things.

Racked Up

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man so much its hard to pick out anything specific....

Always hit me with the don't count your chickens before they hatch

An when going out of town don't keep all of your money in the same place

Waka FICO Flamez

Bricksquad Monopoly
Daps
If you in a situation where you think someone may hit you, You swing on them first.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
my pops taught me everything:

how to drive
how to balance a checkbook
how to handle money
how to budget
how to provide for your fam
how to be a good father

I'm not even gonna bother on writing out how much pops taught me over the years.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
oh yeah,

one of the greatest things he taught me was:

when u get paid, u gotta pay yourself first. by that, he meant take some of ur earnings and stack it away for yourself later on.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
My father taught me EVERYTHING. How to view my surroundings, how to handle adversity, how to deal with relationships, how to carry yourself with pride and dignity. There isn't simply one single thing that I can break down that he taught me but when it all comes down to it he taught me the meaning of what it means to be a MAN. He sacrificed everything to raise us. He truly gave his all, when I was 7 years old and the teachers said I had ADHD and were gonna put me on riddilin, my mother was all for it but my father went up to that school and told them they weren't gonna put me on shyt! He went to bat for me because he BELIEVED in me for the simple fact that I was his son.

My father taught me the true meaning of a Hero.

I hope that when I do have kids that one day they'll be able to say something like this about me.