One thing your father taught you.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Work harder than everybody else and people will need your work ethic more than you know

And most in important HOW TO PLAY SOME DAMN MADDEN
i grew up playing him everydamn weekend and to this day we dont play as much be we still play together HONORABLE MENTION NBA LIVE (back in the sega days) now NBA 2K

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Been in Jail over 10 years of my short life

But he did show me how to lift weights
He TRIED to teach me that Jordan was the GOAT SG, but i didnt listen :childplease:

:lolbron:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Professionalism and demeanor

When i was a little kid...this has to be one of my earliest clear memories....i would hear my dad talking on the phone. Sometimes he'd be like

"Hello this is (firstname). I am well how are you? I am calling in the matter of (subject) and i'm looking to get blah thing accomplished. Thank you very much for your assistance on this matter." etc

Or he'd be

"HEY WHATS THE WORD MAN??? :laff: AH I HEAR YA....MAN....HE AINT AS GOOD AS MAGIC THOUGH...YOU AINT LYIN!!"

I didnt get it though...so i asked, why sometimes he sounds like this and sometimes like that.

He taught me about how your carry yourself professionally in some settings, and how with friends or family you do differently. I watched how he acted in stores and whatnot, vs when we were with our cousins....not everybody got that principal as fast as I. Its why some people when in crisises at stores wild out, and some get what they want because of how they carry themselves. When you see brothas uncomfortable in their own skin at the workplace, i wonder if this missed them.

Also, and maybe more importantly...that NOTHING is more important than your word.

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
My father taught me a bunch of stuff. The thing is that he was always "down the hall" from me. If I needed to ask him something, he was "down the hall". It's hard to pick out one thing he taught me because he taught me a lot. He told me to always be honest, he taught me a man "shows" that he's a man by his actions and not his words. That's among other things that he taught me.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
Disclaimer:

If your father wasn't there and all that, don't come poison my thread. Go back to sleep or something.:snooze:
There are plenty of other threads you can have your pity party in, matter of fact, you might as well make your own and get your cry on.
:pacspit:

----

Let's all reminisce on one thing we were taught, where things seemed to all make sense.
I'll start with how I learned to drive. As soon as I got that learner's permit, every Saturday morning, rise or shine, we were up and out that door no later than 7, hitting the road and driving on them empty streets and later on, on the low traffic highways and bridges.

He was always an early riser, and, for most our lives, always out for work before we woke up and went to school, but I really gained an appreciation for that in the winter mornings. Being on the road, watching the sun come up every Saturday morning gave me an appreciation for what he had been doing for years.

Oh, I also learned well enough to earn my license. :yeshrug:

40oz_laugh_in_tub.gif

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
"Use your imagination"

He told me that like every fukking day and still does. Saying I don't know the answer to something or I don't know how to get out of (or into) a situation was just laziness and excuses. Everything, no matter how seemingly dire, can be solved by using my imagination.

He also told me the only way I'd ever break his heart was if I ever didn't think independently for myself. It's easy to think like everybody else and be wrong, but it takes character to come to the right conclusion on your own and do the right thing. That's why he hates twitter and thinks we're all plugged into the Borg and not thinking for ourselves. I love my daddy :smile:

He's more right than you even realize.

Definitely look people in their eyeball when talking to them, work smarter not harder. Have fun out there.

:wow: