One thing I hate about blacc people is how dishonest we are about our terrible customer service

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Yea it's becoming undeniable

I went to a restaurant Sunday...all black staff, hostess was no where to be found so I sat myself. Place was almost empty yet it took someone 15 minutes to come over, it was the hostess. She asked me...."are you looking to be serviced?" :dead:
:martin:
I ended up just sitting at the bar since I have no idea where the waitresses were or wtf they were doing
they ended up auto adding 20% gratuity (probably cause they get no tips). never again.

Tried to give a plumbing job to a black handyman who is a friend of a friend. Texted him and described my problem. breh gon tell me "I MIGHT be there tomorrow" :skip:
I'm like ok whatever, text him the next day......no response. fukk em. went and got some cac plumber off google. Easy $200 for bout a hour of work. And now i'm never contacting that breh again :manny:

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
Good-looking people definitely have it easier, but when we're talking about customer service, we're talking about basic professionalism. People in customer service industries should be able to be professional regardless of how attractive customers are. And to imply that black people cannot is lowkey :mjpls:
I agree. They need to put that personal stuff to the side. They have a history of carrying it like that where I live. If it's that hard, at least be professional first. A brother hungry, and wanna eat.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
I don’t think this is a specific Black issue. Most young people (between 18 and 23) of all races have very bad customer service skills. Half of these Gen Z kids don’t even want to work most of the time.
So you’ve had gen z white kids cuss out black customers at work?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
So you’ve had gen z white kids cuss out black customers at work?
They don't even have to be at work. They'll assume the responsibilities of a doorman at a random hotel they see you walking into and treat you like shyt just for being black.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I never experienced that. :yeshrug:But then again I’m handsome gang :ahh:
The whole "karen" thing is foreign to you? because thats what i was describing. White people in general treat black folks like shyt even when they have no authority in the given situation.
Parking in public while black,
Driving while black
using a library while black
Staying in an apartment while black
etc etc

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
The whole "karen" thing is foreign to you? because thats what i was describing. White people in general treat black folks like shyt even when they have no authority in the given situation.
Parking in public while black,
Driving while black
using a library while black
Staying in an apartment while black
etc etc
That’s not customer service …
And no unlike most you nikkas who In here calling me a c00n I don’t experience shyt like this cuz I don’t live around cacs like you coli militants do

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
Young Hispanic women aren't as bad as the young sisters, but some of them got some bad ways too, especially if they're working in the hood. They're just a little more quiet with it. But they can still be a little simple with it. They usually have issues sooner or later with brothers they think are doing okay. That's usually the case with most foreigners.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
That’s not customer service …
And no unlike most you nikkas who In here calling me a c00n I don’t experience shyt like this cuz I don’t live around cacs like you coli militants do
If you never see any cacs, how do you know whether black customer service is better or worse than them then?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Let me 1 * this c00n babble

I don't really agree with the threadstarter. some weeks, I can go an entire week without interacting in person with a non black person. and my usual places I go, groceries, restaurants, bars, movies I gotta say the customer service is typically on point.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's kinda true.

Older black women tend to be nice

Young black women? Esp under 30?

You can forget about it!:mjpls:

Young chick I’m dealing works customer service from home. I was on the phone with her and a a white customer called about a missing Amazon delivery. She asked him a few questions, told him to hang on she has to look up something. Then she got on the phone with me. We talked for 20 minutes and then she was like, I gotta get back to my call. :mjlol:

The whole time I was assuming she transferred him or something.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
And motherfukkers favorite thing to say “all races have bad customer service !” Or “white businesses can be rude too!”

:mjlol: nikkas who say shyt like this are extremely disingenuous everyone knows there’s a big difference between terrible blacc customer service and terrible white customer service

I’ve never seen any other employees act the way some of the blacc ones do, not even close

Its the Black Tax.

All sorts of shyt has falls into the Black Tax. Bad Customer Service, Poor Training, Woeful Aesthetics, etc. If you want to support our people, be prepared for some or all of these things. Some of it is beyond our control (access to loans, funding) others are TOTALLY within our control (training, being nice in general)

But I personally think that for Black people we have some generational trauma/natural aversion for anything service based. Its not a good excuse, but I think many Black people equate "service" with "servitude" .

Last edited: