One of the worst trends in gaming of the last couple of gens has been the downfall of sports games

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
EA and Take Two have a monopoly on the biggest sports licences with pretty much zero alternatives. We can't even get another fukkin NBA Street game

On top of that sports games like skate boarding, tennis, boxing and snowboarding have all but disappeared too and the few titles that have came out have mostly been weak or low key indie titles.

Even Nintendo's recent Mario sports games have been below bar :francis:

It's a god damn shame
EA doesn't want to make another NBA Street game.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Even MLB the show, while it's probably the best sports franchise out today and still a very good game the updates yearly are incremental at best. It would be nice to have other options

I hope 22 has significantly better player models and grass textures. In those areas 21 was weak.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
FIFA got fukked by EA making FUT. Instead of rejecting the model, fans embraced the fukkery. There are YouTube channels dedicated to opening packs get 100,000+ views.

Once Live stopped being a thing, 2K went into overdrive removing features that were standard and sold it back as DLC. Brehs still buying it.

Every year brehs complain yet still buy. That's why sports game are the way they are.

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
I can admit I'm part of the problem every since they made Madden Ultimate Team mode and NBA2K Myteam I've spent thousands of dollars on digital packs. The worst thing about it is buying some much packs only for a new verison of the game to come out next year.

I need help:mjcry:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I can admit I'm part of the problem every since they made Madden Ultimate Team mode and NBA2K Myteam I've spent thousands of dollars on digital packs. The worst thing about it is buying some much packs only for a new verison of the game to come out next year.

Become a gambling addict due to video games, brehs. :mjlol:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
The problem is that both of these sports games generate hundreds of millions of dollars in lootboxes and people keep buying this game year after year. All you really need is to have one down year but that will never happen. I'm a gamer but I can admit gamers as whole accept the most bullshyt as consumers.

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
The problem is that both of these sports games generate hundreds of millions of dollars in lootboxes and people keep buying this game year after year. All you really need is to have one down year but that will never happen. I'm a gamer but I can admit gamers as whole accept the most bullshyt as consumers.
This my last year buying packs, I’m just going to build my team with no real money spent

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

admitting you have a problem is the first step breh :therethere:

• Dap
Reactions: OsO

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU

I got into myteam after playing the park so I had like 375k I didn't realize it was costing real bread to be competitive like that. Especially in 2k all the cards do the same thing once you add all the badges I don't know what would make me want the new card when my old one has like 35 hof badges. I never played the Madden ultimate team but I assume it's the same