One of the worst trends in gaming of the last couple of gens has been the downfall of sports games

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the real last good madden was Madden 2006
let that sink in for a second...2006

the last NBA 2k worth anything was probably 2K11 for me but I am sure yall would say otherwise

2k13-2k15 was the peak for me. The right stick was mostly figured out, and you could make the exact build you wanted. And most importantly VC wasn’t for stats yet.

I finally stopped buying after 20. One of the homie still gets it so I’ll play vs. at his crib sometimes, but I don’t even be tripping off that anymore

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I played at a friends house a few yrs back and you cant even play defense in the current ones

Dudes literally glide on the court

fukkin garbage
Exactly, in the old 2K's you can actually feel the weight of the players on the court locking in to play defense whereas now everybody is on skates and has no footing. Plus the rims now feels like a double rimmed street court and the shooting is just weird :francis:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Still can't answer the question though.
i'll answer when the next live comes out :mjlol: even the company making that shyt acknowledges it was trash, emptied out the studio, and cashed out.

but sure, if you repeat "but but but you probably just trash" to enough people you'll make a point eventually

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
2k13-2k15 was the peak for me. The right stick was mostly figured out, and you could make the exact build you wanted. And most importantly VC wasn’t for stats yet.

I finally stopped buying after 20. One of the homie still gets it so I’ll play vs. at his crib sometimes, but I don’t even be tripping off that anymore
All of this.

Brandwin

Pro
Daps
I wish the people who make Super Mega Baseball would dive into football and basketball.

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
Sports gaming fans (in particular Madden and 2K fans) overall are the worst consumers in gaming. 2K fans for example, completely embraced microtransactions with open arms, with absolutely no serious pushback. This allowed 2K to really go crazy with VC, turning My Player mode into a serious grind if you don't want to spend any additional money.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
i'll answer when the next live comes out :mjlol: even the company making that shyt acknowledges it was trash, emptied out the studio, and cashed out.

but sure, if you repeat "but but but you probably just trash" to enough people you'll make a point eventually
Exactly. Sit yo ass down. You have no answer. Probably never even played it. But quick to comment when you don't know anything. Typical.