One of the greatest lies ever told is that men care more about looks than women

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
You just have to look at most men’s wives/girlfriend before the fame and fortune and their wives after it: Biggie, Mike Epps, Kevin Hart… I could go on and on.
50 cent's baby momma....yikes

200w.gif

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
Attractive women be with ugly dudes all the time.

Men care more about a woman's personality when it comes to a serious relationship. Women care more about what a man can do for them financially when it comes to a serious relationship.

But women also care about personality. Both genders have to be compatible. Financial compatibility is a must for example there could be a guy that is worth tens of million of dollars, but he would not want to be with a woman that wants to spend a lot of money on designer clothes, expensive spas

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
Its ugly guys with bad bytches, buy you'd never see the male equivalent with a ugly chick. Now nikkas might smash, but will never be seen with her

And that is not a flex, because she could lack the ideal qualities. What some dudes might consider a bad bytch is pretty much just surface levels attraction and lust which is temporary. Nothing more.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I don't think it's a lie, it's just an outdated perspective. At one point most women were in a financial position where they needed a husband to take care of them. Picking the best one was more about finding the best provider than best mate, and it was less about looks than who/what you can tolerate.

Now the incomes are closer, women are more successful than ever and don't need to focus on the survival aspect of marriage. There are gonna be fewer women out here marrying the local drunk because he has a good job at the auto factory and built a house for you.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I think women care more when they have their own resources and the freedom to choose.
💥💥💥
You’d think so. They’re the most tight. Well off women HATE spending money on men. They demand the princess treatment. And that’s why most of them are single and frustrated.

They want an alpha make but rarely is one gonna seriously date a woman with masculine characteristics (Eboni K Williams). Now I’m not talking divorcees from their rich husbands. Those who gained their wealth via marriage still retain their feminine qualities.

The women who built their wealth from the ground up tend to have to operate in a very male dominated environment, and thus they pick up those same mannerisms and end up marrying a beta, because only he’s desperate enough to tolerate these “big dikk energy” types. :scust:
No…the point was women like a pretty face like y’all do, but will sacrifice that for a man who can actually provide. Whereas a woman who has her own is less willing to deal with an unattractive man.

It’s not about holding out for a rich man; it’s about not being with an unattractive man.

I.e. if she can’t pay her bills, the ugly dude can hop on top of her. If she can pay her bills she doesn’t want to look up and see :scust:huffing and puffing in her face lol

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
💥💥💥

No…the point was women like a pretty face like y’all do, but will sacrifice that for a man who can actually provide. Whereas a woman who has her own is less willing to deal with an unattractive man.

It’s not about holding out for a rich man; it’s about not being with an unattractive man.

I.e. if she can’t pay her bills, the ugly dude can hop on top of her. If she can pay her bills she doesn’t want to look up and see :scust:huffing and puffing in her face lol

RHONY-EBONI.jpg

:unimpressed:

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I don't think it's a lie, it's just an outdated perspective. At one point most women were in a financial position where they needed a husband to take care of them. Picking the best one was more about finding the best provider than best mate, and it was less about looks than who/what you can tolerate.

Now the incomes are closer, women are more successful than ever and don't need to focus on the survival aspect of marriage. There are gonna be fewer women out here marrying the local drunk because he has a good job at the auto factory and built a house for you.
This. The further you go back in time, the less looks is a factor for women. Back in the day women moved from their parents house to their husbands house. They needed someone to take care of them so looks was not a priority. As women have significantly climbed the socio-economic ladder, now looks are taken more into consideration. The importance of looks is still not up to the level men have it today, but it's close.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How many men are dating a woman 50 years her senior just because she has money?
86339063-13548357-image-m-2_1718830877007.jpg

We have centuries of data to suggest that in general men prioritize looks above resources, while women prioritize resources and status over looks.
That's not to say women don't care about looks and men don't care about women having some form of money, but in society if men are looked at as providers why would they care if some chick has money and vice versa.

Ive seen more men date ugly women/whales with far less than Bill. Just for a place to stay,or access to a car while shes off at work:francis:

The premise of the thread is that its the biggest lie ever told. I would argue there was a time that it wasnt a lie. But the modern American woman has definitely been programmed to be shallow and value looks,resources or clout status.

And why is saying "nah,women prioritize resources" a defense to "women are shallow and value looks more then men". Dating a rich man for his money isnt any better. There was a time when being a good man was valued. His resources were that he would work hard,had a sense of loyalty and commitment. So his value was that he could be trusted to figure it out and make it work.

So its not a lie as much as it is an adaption/evolution of women. And lets be clear,im specefically talking about black women. Which should tell you the universal law is at play#TheChildOfMan:wow:

I cant pinpoint where we went wrong exactly,but id assume the degredation,oppression,colorism,disloyalty etc played a part:respect:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps

/thread