• NWA

Votes: 54 26.9%
  • Gangstarr

Votes: 111 55.2%

• Total voters

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
No Dr Dre, Snoop, Ice Cube, Death Row, Ruthless Records. Eazy E, Bone Thugs, Aftermath. Etc etc? U fine with that?
I'm ok with it.

Ice cube probably woulda made it without them

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
More influential than Run DMC?

I'd say yes. NWA's unapologetically raw, rebellious and street angst music is still highly prevalent to this day and the acts that spawned from them has been some of the biggest in Hip Hop history, commercially and critically. They weren't the first to do gangsta rap but they damn sure made it the thing to do in Hip Hop.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I'd say yes. NWA's unapologetically raw, rebellious and street angst music is still highly prevalent to this day and the acts that spawned from them has been some of the biggest in Hip Hop history, commercially and critically. They weren't the first to do gangsta rap but they damn sure made it the thing to do in Hip Hop.
I would say they are more influential based on what the individual group members have done.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Ice Cube is never born in this scenario. Re-read the OP.
Then it is what it is. The conscious era woulda had a few more years of life.

But damn does that mean Kendrick lamar doesn't exist :whoo:

I dunno maybe it's a necessary evil

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Then it is what it is. The conscious era woulda had a few more years of life.

But damn does that mean Kendrick lamar doesn't exist :whoo:

I dunno maybe it's a necessary evil
Son. U losing Pac’s last 2 albums. All Eyez On Me and 7 Day Theory. U losing Warran G’s Regulate. Etc etc. U lose the Above The Rim soundtrack. U sure bout this? Lol

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I would say they are more influential based on what the individual group members have done.

Yea, that's what I meant by spawned.

This poll is interesting and it got me thinking of other Hip Hop acts and their influence. Look at Public Enemy. NWA was HEAVILY influenced by Chuck D and the Shocklee's sound. Where would they be without PE?

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
Obviously can't give up Mobb Deep cause that's my favorite group/duo. Wu Tang is a no... there influence is too big. Choosing NWA means no Dr Dre, Eminem, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, Death Row.....can't do that either. So I'm gonna have to miss all these fire DJ Premier beats and Gangstarr tracks.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Son. U losing Pac’s last 2 albums. All Eyez On Me and 7 Day Theory. U losing Warran G’s Regulate. Etc etc. U lose the Above The Rim soundtrack. U sure bout this? Lol
:lupe:

I guess mobb deep gotta go