• Dave Chappelle

Votes: 51 16.1%

• Total voters

Uncle Kendrick

I'm just bout that action
Daps
Reppin
Brick City
All four of those guys have made me laugh real good but if one had to go it would have to be Martin. He just wasn't groundbreaking like the other three in this matchup.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I'm kinda surprised how many cats would get rid of Richard Pryor. Live in Concert and Live on the Sunset strip are two of the GOAT comedy movies. I was left damn near in tears. Dude was a master of the craft, and was one of the few guys that could laugh, cry and think in the same joke. I mean I'm from the Eddie Murphy generation, but even in the 80's Pryor was still a big act. JoJo Dancer is one of the most honest semi-autobiographical movies I've seen and honest Eddie Murphy rose to where he was in part of Pryor's stumbles. Because even on the way down, he took a lot of barriers with him. Richard Pryor and Paul Mooney essentially softened up Hollywood in a lot of ways and it was set up for Eddie Murphy to become the superstar he became. Everyone hypes up the Dave Chapelle show not even aware that Richard Pryor couldn't get his show approved by NBC because he was roasting White America something serious. I think it lasted 5 episodes or something like that. Dude was a walking COLI smiley. I wish he longer for more of you younger cats to appreciate him better.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I like to pretend Eddies career ended with Boomerrang.

This is what I'm saying, for as good as Eddie Murphy was, even in the Nutty Professor, let's not act like Dave Chapelle didn't damn near steal that movie in his scenes. Bowfinger and Life were the only movies worth a damn past that.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
This is what I'm saying, for as good as Eddie Murphy was, even in the Nutty Professor, let's not act like Dave Chapelle didn't damn near steal that movie in his scenes. Bowfinger and Life were the only movies worth a damn past that.

But.....Eddie ruled for a decade! And dropped classic after classic, timeless shyt.... So he can't get the ax.

Meet Dave though :scust: might be his worst.

Sithlord Piff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
I tossed Pryor. :yeshrug:

Chris Rock is my favorite standup so that's that.

Eddie's movies keeps him in.

Dave Chappelle's Chapelle's Show. I need that.

Richard Pryor has nothing I will miss. Just being honest.
Ask the 3 you kept who made them want to be comics in the first place?:sas1:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Man I hate this you came first>>> shyt

So Pryor is the funniest Nogga there? Funnier than chepelle? :stopitslime:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with the sentiment that Pryor doesn't belong in this group

Here's the thing, age prevents a lot of people from really appreciating the genius of a comedian..... I never laughed at Pryor's standup...

His whole routine I would be like :wtb:

But when I went through some life experiences and turned 30ish......... Pryor's whole set has me like :laff:

Your age bracket is definitely gonna effect who you choose.....

And also, you say Pryor has some things you can live without, but if you're over the age of 50, shyt like Stir Crazy, Which Way is Up, The Mack, etc, are black cult classics

Alaafin

#TeamLawrence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Vine City
people actually vote for Richard Pyror :mjlol: the fukk
early eddie fukkin carried snl & beasted for like 10+ years straight, so he's not an option either
chris rock's standup is way better & bigger than chappelle's

most people considering keeping chapelle are basing it off the show

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
Can I add Chris Tucker,Mike Epps and Eddie Griffin?

:martin: Martin?

Out of those, I'd choose Eddie Griffin...After that,there's 7. It's too hard to choose.