One argument that white folks will not surrender in.

Supa cat

Catset Don Dada
Daps
People act like washing chicken means = running chicken under a sink water.

WRONG.

It means putting it a bowl with vinegar and citrus to sit and rubbing the chicken w/ the lemon/lime. You’re not literally running water over it dummies and getting water everywhere. Uncultured ass cacs
Thank you I’m looking at some of these replies like :hhh: this why you can’t eat from just anybody

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
The big issue with washing chicken(even with vinegar and lemon juice)is that it's literally doing nothing. You're not cleaning it or saving it.

The only thing that takes chicken from indigestible to digestible is heat.

So take the chicken, rinse it of the stuff they packaged it with and then pat it dry.

Season then cook it.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I feel like this all somehow relates to those petri dish experiments in high school, but i don't remember enough about it to draw an astute connection.
Other than the idea that bacteria loves certain conditions, among them being moisture, and certain temp ranges.
I would do an experiment myself if i was motivated enough, Swab a piece of chicken that was cleaned, versus one the wasn't but was stored and prepped correctly and see which produces the most fungus or whatever.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Vinegar and citrus are more of a marinade than anything. They dont kill germs or rather substantially kill germs like heat does. Test out my tbeory by giving your chicken a lime bath, but undercook it.
Finally somebody says what it is, just a basic marinade. The chicken tastes different because it's absorbed the flavor of the lemon/lime/whatever else you think is killing the bacteria. That little bit of acidity ain't done a thing :mjlol: .

What really needs to be pointed out is the difference between cooking the chicken direct from the packaging (white folks), and getting off the excess gunk (everyone else). On top of that, if your argument against using just water to get the gunk off is spreading bacteria, you're outing yourself for not being able to keep your kitchen clean. Clean with bleach before and after. You'd think this wouldn't need to be said, but y'all needed to be taught to wash your hands after using the bathroom :francis:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Washing chicken, washing they feet, washing they hands.....shyt washing any type of flesh period. :lolbron:

Wubzy

All Star
Daps
I've literally seen nikkas wash chicken with soap and water :russ:

Stupid as shyt. The heat kills any potential harmful bacteria, and if you're so concerned about your health you wouldn't be eating hormonal factory-farmed freak chicken anyways

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
Yall marinating the chicken in lemon water and herbs not cleaning it :russ:
Do some sort of research herbs and lemon water have chemical compounds to them that has an effect on bacteria.The coli saddens me ...and you really thought you ate too.

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
Finally somebody says what it is, just a basic marinade. The chicken tastes different because it's absorbed the flavor of the lemon/lime/whatever else you think is killing the bacteria. That little bit of acidity ain't done a thing :mjlol: .

What really needs to be pointed out is the difference between cooking the chicken direct from the packaging (white folks), and getting off the excess gunk (everyone else). On top of that, if your argument against using just water to get the gunk off is spreading bacteria, you're outing yourself for not being able to keep your kitchen clean. Clean with bleach before and after. You'd think this wouldn't need to be said, but y'all needed to be taught to wash your hands after using the bathroom :francis:
This statement is literally you talking out of your ass.Key Limes are the most alkaline fruit you can intake ,onion and garlic have all types of beneficial chemical properties,and most herbs have some medicinal properties. Its been proven that marinating meat in these things will reduce the amount of harmful advanced glycation end products in your meat when cooked at low temperatures. Yall dont just do stuff to do it find out why you supposed to do it.