One argument that white folks will not surrender in.

VelourSocks

Absentee Mind But The Wisdom Reach Mine
Daps
Reppin
Yoshi City
Usually do a mixture of lemon, water and salt.

If I don’t wash it the chicken has a weird taste to it that I don’t enjoy. Almost as if it tastes too much like chicken if that makes sense.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
nikkas standing firm on not washing Chicken is why I avoid eating food from people I don't know

Nasty ass motherfukkers

You're not washing a bowl of chicken under the sink full blast

And you're also telling on yourselves that you don't wipe down your sink and prep area after you're done but go off

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I don’t understand the question
You and the other member said that attempts to clean poultry are redundant, since the meat will be cooked and the heat will kill any germs.

I then asked whether you think that recalls of meat/poultry are unnecessary? Since cooking temps can kill all the pathogens?

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Lemon /lime with rosemary will do more good then water
This! I use either lemon or lime juice to kill the bacteria. Running it under water does nothing if it isn't at the correct temp to kill the bacteria

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
People act like washing chicken means = running chicken under a sink water.

WRONG.

It means putting it a bowl with vinegar and citrus to sit and rubbing the chicken w/ the lemon/lime. You’re not literally running water over it dummies and getting water everywhere. Uncultured ass cacs
Vinegar and citrus are more of a marinade than anything. They dont kill germs or rather substantially kill germs like heat does. Test out my tbeory by giving your chicken a lime bath, but undercook it.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You and the other member said that attempts to clean poultry are redundant, since the meat will be cooked and the heat will kill any germs.

I then asked whether you think that recalls of meat/poultry are unnecessary? Since cooking temps can kill all the pathogens?
servsafe rules ( i was once servsafe certified) would get them shut down by food inspectors if they discovered a restaurant or a meat producer was cleaning their products the way you guys recommend. they don't wash the meat, they keep the facility itself sanitized and regulate the temps. rinsing raw meat with water is the opposite of sanitation.

those outbreaks and recalls are probably because someone was out there hosing the meat down with saminella water like yall do. you don't clean meat, you keep meat clean by preventing cross contamination,

Last edited:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because fire has always been more effective at killing germs than water.

Reason why they burned bodies during plagues instead of just rinsing them off with lemon water or whatever bs you think is working on your chicken.

You cooking chicken with fire, all you need is a thermometer to tell you when it is safe to eat.

Using water just causes more contamination. you only wash food to clear off visible dirt. not to kill germs.

If humans were fireproof we'd be showering in flames too, instead of using soap and water.

The acidic properties of the lemon wouldn't go inside the body. But outside the body would be clean. Fire eliminates everything.

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
People missed the rosemary part as well I see.Do the research if you cook meat above the temperature of 250' it releases carcinogenic juices this is alk meat by the way.Rosemary and lime will reduce these juices by 80%.Rosemary also is literally washing your meat with edible antibacterial soap.