Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (Official Thread)

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Too much feet but other than that it is up there on with my favorite QT films but I am a mark for old Hollywood films

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
A three hour movie that was visually/aesthetically pleasing and the music was good....

what does that have to do with people not being able to pay attention to LONG dialogue or LONG scenes?

I Literally just read an article where they said creatives are shortening scenes in movies now based on how people consume content in modern society....

Some of you goofs just want to argue, but don’t want to discuss and Add something to the convo that we can build on... signs of a true virgin behavior...
If he did care about attention spans he wouldnt make 3 hr movie when the average person cant even watch a half hour tv show without looking at their phone. Especially when there were so many pointless non-sequitur cutaways. No one was arguing, it was just a funny observation, but you want to act like a fakkit anyway

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Tarantino has made two of my top 10 favorite movies. Stop acting like a child and “picking teams”.... it’s a gay way to live life as an adult.
I'm not trying to be divisive here by tearing down other flicks

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
If he did care about attention spans he wouldnt make 3 hr movie when the average person cant even watch a half hour tv show without looking at their phone. Especially when there were so many pointless non-sequitur cutaways. No one was arguing, it was just a funny observation, but you want to act like a fakkit anyway

Yeah, the movie was one of the slowest burns of any Tarantino movie. And that is saying something. It just dragged.

And how different is the dialogue really?

A lot of Tarantino's dialogue is having his characters waxing poetic about and referencing movies, tv shows, and pop-culture.

Well, Once Upon a time is set in hollywood, where they conversation is about movies, actors, and pop-culture.

:yeshrug:

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was thoroughly entertained....except for the sharon Tate scenes and the dirty ass CAC feet on screen multiple times. Idk why some people say the last 10 min felt out of place and they didn't like it. That shot was legit AF. 7/10, not my favorite but its pretty decent

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
It was a real scene, not Cliff's imagination. :dwillhuh:
Rick fought for him to get the role. Kurt Russell's character reluctantly gave Rick the favor of hiring him.
Because of Cliff "killing" his wife, Russell didn't want to hire him, plus Kurt's wife didn't like Cliff either. This was all discussed in the Rick's trailer.

Kurt came out the trailer told Cliff to come with him and to avoid his wife. Then we get the Bruce Lee scene and Kurt's wife telling Cliff to get the fukk off the set.
It was a flashback to a different set, iirc

Edit: The Green Hornet was cancelled in 1967, and the movie takes place in 1969.

Last edited:

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
shyt was too long. They could've easily cut out about 45-50 minutes of this. This was my first time watching one of his movies in a theater and i regret it. Can't make a movie this long with all that dialogue and expect people not to get antsy or sleepy. I had to stretch my legs a couple of times.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
I LOVED this movie, I almost let this thread stop me from going opening weekend.

I'm not going to act like I can tell most of my friends to run out and see it, but if you really really love movies I think you'll enjoy it. It was a nice period snapshot, tied into a little real history, that they had a little fun with at the end. The visuals were great, the acting was great, I liked the characters.

The movie was about a window into the two friends lives, if the characters and their lives are interesting enough then I'll go along for the ride. It's the exact same way I felt about Roma, that movie was just showing the lives of those people at that time in that place, where something that really happened as the background that eventually affects the characters. People that found it boring, will def find this boring. People that need a joke or explosion every 5-10 minutes should stay very very far away

QT being QT took it up a notch in a way that was pretty weirdly satisfying. Knowing what actually happened, how much a dark cloud it put over hollywood and the movie industry, seeing how comically different it went in the movie was enjoyable. Once I realized what he was doing in the last reel, and how it played out I will never doubt dude again.
Gotta watch a 2nd time, but this might move up to #4 in his filmography if it holds up on second viewing.

Last edited:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
shyt was too long. They could've easily cut out about 45-50 minutes of this. This was my first time watching one of his movies in a theater and i regret it. Can't make a movie this long with all that dialogue and expect people not to get antsy or sleepy. I had to stretch my legs a couple of times.
Well long dialogue is his specialty to be honest, QT's movies are for film buffs and I'd say like 60% of them aren't even for a casual audience.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps

:why: