Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (Official Thread)

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
"don't cry in front of mexicans"

boeXbvx.png

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
There weren’t any N-words in Inglorious Basterds or the Kill Bill movies either, were there?

Outside of the “Dead Nikker Storage” scene in Pulp Fiction, I can’t think of a movie where QT was completely offensive and off-putting with the N-word, especially considering the time periods they take place in or the characters they feature. :yeshrug:
So you were fine with Hateful Eight dropping it every 5-10 minutes? More than Django, which actually took place during slavery? :fleece:

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Movie was ok but damn a lot of it dragged

I did like brad pitt’s character lol

These basically sum up my feelings on it. I caught a 10am showing this morning, six bucks. Would’ve loved to have caught the 70MM joint at this old school cinema in Chicago but logically I’d be spending close to $20 and I already bought my Hidden Colors 5 ticket off this same check so, “Nah.”
Yeah I was thinking about going to the music box theater for this

Good thing I didn’t :whew:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I don’t think you know what pedophilia is, and imma leave it at that.
Agree to disagree, lots of subversion in Hollywood cinema, so I don’t put it past any of them.... I’m sure it is a different name than “pedophilia”, I don’t know all the terms for different levels of attraction to underage children, but the point it they like to throw these little subversive angles in their films.

Like Monsters Inc for example,
Convincing children that there is a such thing as “good monsters” that live in their closet. On the surface it seems innocent, but nah....

Or even that scene in Indiana Jones where the love interests says to him she “was a child and you knew it”: Hollywood likes to throw that little shyt in there... Subversion....

Here’s the scene from Indiana Jones, This implies that basically said she was 15/16 and he was 25/26 when they were with eachother.

Last edited:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I cant believe how average the dialogue was in this. Wasted Al Pacino too. I'll watch it again to see if I feel any different. Sad that no Burt Reynolds but Dern did great

His movies get better after multiple viewings
He did this because he is adjusting to the newer generations lack of attention. Nowadays people can’t sit through shyt, so he doesn’t have a lot of those long drawn out conversations that were so golden in his movies of the past. Can’t remember where I read that, but Tarantino specifically mentions modern society losing the ability to stay focused for long periods of time

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
The Hateful Eight was set during fukking RECONSTRUCTION. An argument can be made that hate increased towards blacks at that time.
Yeah, I'm not letting him live though. It's crystal clear he can't keep his fetishes in check so this foot people keep giving him for it made him take it one step beyond.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
He did this because he is adjusting to the newer generations lack of attention. Nowadays people can’t sit through shyt, so he doesn’t have a lot of those long drawn out conversations that were so golden in his movies of the past. Can’t remember where I read that, but Tarantino specifically mentions modern society losing the ability to stay focused for long periods of time
Yet he made a close to 3hr movie with very little plot. Lol

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
A three hour movie that was visually/aesthetically pleasing and the music was good....

what does that have to do with people not being able to pay attention to LONG dialogue or LONG scenes?

I Literally just read an article where they said creatives are shortening scenes in movies now based on how people consume content in modern society....

Some of you goofs just want to argue, but don’t want to discuss and Add something to the convo that we can build on... signs of a true virgin behavior...

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Agree to disagree, lots of subversion in Hollywood cinema, so I don’t put it past any of them.... I’m sure it is a different name than “pedophilia”, I don’t know all the terms for different levels of attraction to underage children, but the point it they like to throw these little subversive angles in their films.

Like Monsters Inc for example,
Convincing children that there is a such thing as “good monsters” that live in their closet. On the surface it seems innocent, but nah....

Or even that scene in Indiana Jones where the love interests says to him she “was a child and you knew it”: Hollywood likes to throw that little shyt in there... Subversion....

Here’s the scene from Indiana Jones, This implies that basically said she was 15/16 and he was 25/26 when they were with eachother.

Smh cats are letting their Quentin Tarantino hate spill out onto Indiana Jones? Fukk you guys

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Data From a Century of Cinema Reveals How Movies Have Evolved

Not the article I’m referring too, but here is one that talked about how film is changing and shots are getting shorter, which means scenes are getting shorter, which means dialogue is getting more condensed.

Not even trying to win some debate with you, just think it is a interesting subject to reference since someone brought up the dialogue in this film.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I haven't seen it yet..

I just wanted to say I hate the reviews that say "it's not his best work but it's good."

Its sort of sending subconscious messages to people who haven't seen it yet that it's okay but don't enjoy it too much.

just feels like a backhanded compliment that makes a person not wanna go see it tbh