Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (Official Thread)

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you were fine with Hateful Eight dropping it every 5-10 minutes? More than Django, which actually took place during slavery? :fleece:

Django Unchained had many more N-words than The H8teful Eight.

The Hateful Eight was set during fukking RECONSTRUCTION. An argument can be made that hate increased towards blacks at that time.

c/s

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Did the Nazi call him the N-word? I mean, after all, he was a Nazi.

Plus weren’t the black dude and the Jewish girl, who was practically the main character, in a relationship and he survived but she didn’t?
That king kong section was wayyyyy more offensive than the camera guy stuff. Wasn't needed and was very martylike.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
I liked it, but I haven’t seen this many people walk out of a movie in a minute. The highlight of the whole experience for me was at the end of the movie...

When Brad Pitt was bashing that girl’s head in

This old white dude behind me stood up and said “I DON’T LIKE THIS MOVIE” as he walked out. I’ve never heard somebody sound so disgusted and angry simultaneously.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Lol lucky for me I was with a crowd that enjoyed this movie, the ending got the best reaction

Daps
I talked to someone who saw the movie today and they say they thought it was just "ok". Upon further conversation I discovered that they had never heard of Sharon tate and were completely unaware of her murder and the history behind it.......I begin to wonder if that's a similar through-line for people not liking it because it really didn't "explain" anything. Not to say that the only reason not to like this movie is being unaware of history....but I had such a great time with this movie, me and my boys were DYING laughing by the end. It was also a sweet take on Sharon Tate and I'm glad it ended the way it did.

Lol, what was there to explain? Removing her character from the movie is not going to change anything because it is not about that. If you are into the movie, then that is whatever. However, the projecting your insecurities when people state that they are not really into it has become beyond annoying.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Lol, what was there to explain? Removing her character from the movie is not going to change anything because it is not about that. If you are into the movie, then that is whatever. However, the projecting your insecurities when people state that they are not really into it has become beyond annoying.
I mean, I literally talked to someone who saw the movie, didn't love it and told me they didn't know anything about Sharon tate & Manson and then when I told him he said that made the movie so much better. All I was ruminating on was whether or not this played a factor in alot of people's opinions because the movie doesn't really give much background info.