Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (Official Thread)

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Everyone, including me, got COMPLETELY worked by the fake Wikipedia spoilers. :russ: Bravo to whomever came up with that one. Still an extremely Tarantino ending which evokes the same themes as the fake ending, but nothing close to the bombast implied in the spoilers.

WHAT WERE THE WIKIPEDIA SPOILERS? DIDNT SEE THOSE

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I'm wrestling with exactly why this didn't work for me. I definitely want to watch, like, 90 minutes of this again. As an elegy for a Hollywood of that time, I loved it. The small moments, the easter eggs and the production design were beautifully done. The storytelling just stretched will beyond what I would consider necessary or entertaining. There a great movie in here, it's just drowned by a flat, decidedly non-Tarantino script. It's a damn shame.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I'm wrestling with exactly why this didn't work for me. I definitely want to watch, like, 90 minutes of this again. As an elegy for a Hollywood of that time, I loved it. The small moments, the easter eggs and the production design were beautifully done. The storytelling just stretched will beyond what I would consider necessary or entertaining. There a great movie in here, it's just drowned by a flat, decidedly non-Tarantino script. It's a damn shame.
It's a boring movie that's better talked about and researched than watched.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
FIRST OF ALL, GOING IN I EXPECTED A 10/10 CLASSIC, CUZ THE HOMIE WHO SAW IT BEFORE ME HYPED THE SHIIT OUT OF IT....

SO BASED ON THAT, IT DIDNT MEET MY EXPECTATIONS.

THAT SAID, I STILL THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD MOVIE, AND ALTHOUGH THERE WAS BASICALLY NO PLOT, THE CHARACTERS WERE FANTASTIC, AND THE 3RD ACT WAS CLASSIC TARANTINO ......

I DID THINK IT ENDED A LITTLE ABRUPTLY THO. VERY ANTI-CLIMATIC WAY TO END THINGS. BUT THERE WERE ENOUGH CLASSIC MOMENT THROUGHOUT THE MOVIE (BRUCE LEE VS BRAD PITT, LEO’S BREAKDOWN, PITT’S VISIT TO THE MANSON FAMILY, LEO’S INTERACTION WIT THE LIL GIRL, ETC.) TO MAKE FOR A GOOD MOVIE THAT KEEPS YOU ENGAGED.

OVERALL, I WOULDNT SAY ITS ONE OF TARANTINO’S BEST, BUT NOT HIS WORST EITHER.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Leave before the third act and call a movie trash brehs
whose mans is this? :camby:

Please forgive me :wow:

Caught the matinee this morning for 5 bucks

And it still sucked :russ:

Jk

Nah I take it back move was dope 3rd act took it from a 6/10 to 8/10

Loved the twist

Shout out to brandy :mjlit:

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
I've enjoyed all of Tarantino's movies (although Kill Bill or Django felt weaker than his other stuff). I think people know by now whether they like his style, I can't imagine this being much different.

The movie sounds good, the criticisms on here don't sound damning, they sound like the movie wasn't made for you. That being said, i'm not going to let my expectations get too high because that looks like another problem. People were expecting it to be Pulp Fiction 2 or something.

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
I STILL THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD MOVIE, AND ALTHOUGH THERE WAS BASICALLY NO PLOT, THE CHARACTERS WERE FANTASTIC, AND THE 3RD ACT WAS CLASSIC TARANTINO ......

I DID THINK IT ENDED A LITTLE ABRUPTLY THO. VERY ANTI-CLIMATIC WAY TO END THINGS. BUT THERE WERE ENOUGH CLASSIC MOMENT THROUGHOUT THE MOVIE (BRUCE LEE VS BRAD PITT, LEO’S BREAKDOWN, PITT’S VISIT TO THE MANSON FAMILY, LEO’S INTERACTION WIT THE LIL GIRL, ETC.) TO MAKE FOR A GOOD MOVIE THAT KEEPS YOU ENGAGED.

OVERALL, I WOULDNT SAY ITS ONE OF TARANTINO’S BEST, BUT NOT HIS WORST EITHER.

I enjoyed it, and the climax was great but when I realized it was over, couldn't help but feel, "that's it?"

These basically sum up my feelings on it. I caught a 10am showing this morning, six bucks. Would’ve loved to have caught the 70MM joint at this old school cinema in Chicago but logically I’d be spending close to $20 and I already bought my Hidden Colors 5 ticket off this same check so, “Nah.”