Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (Official Thread)

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Wasn’t anyone black in reservoir dogs but nikka was used. I wasn’t offended because QT was showing us how cacs talk when we’re not around.
Well the cop who trained Mr. Orange was black. :manny:

I was just speaking specifically there wasn't any black people in this movie at all.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Regarding the wife incident: (spoiler)

The way I took it, and the way I think it was intended, is the ambiguity was the punchline. He's holding a speargun, and his wife is verbally abusing him, and then there is a (audio) jolt, leaving it open (much like the Marvin scene in Pulp Fiction) whether the boat rocked, and he accidentally shot her, or it was intentional. The joke is in the not knowing, one way or another.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Just finished this....not really sure what I watched. The story never seemed to "go" anywhere. Plot was slow and there really was no resolve to the movie. If anything, I just saw it as a 2:45 hour long homage to the Hollywood of old.

I really enjoyed Tarantino's other flicks (Basterds, Kill Bill 1&2, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Django etc) but I'm not quite sure about this one. Had some good and funny moments. I just feel the story wasn't well strung together.

I'd probably give this a 7/10.

The whole flip on the Charlie Manson story is typical Tarantino where he creates an alternative universe with an alternate reality à la 'Inglorious Basterds'

Last edited: