Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (Official Thread)

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
What weakness?
For me that would be telling a story and having a plot. Also another weakness can be his overloading of music and in jokes/references. That might be more of a nit pick but for me it's a mask to hide from not having a grounded story.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was a very quirky movie but I liked it. It isn't at the top of the Tarantino collection for me but it was an enjoyable way to waste a couple hours and Pitt and DiCaprio were great in it.

Not sure why Tarantino made Sharon Tate into this enigmatic Musical Montage Nymph but I guess he had his reasons.

I also laugh at the people who are critical about the changes to real life events as if Tarantino didn't make it perfectly clear he was making a fairy tale from the jumP

Was reading an overly critical review in which the reviewer claimed that Tarantino took too many creative liberties based on the historical backdrop.

Have they never seen inglorious b*stards, Django, etc???

I feel like the snarky LA movie critic crowd have been lining up to take a swing at this movie since the Weinstein situation played out. Quentin and this studio are still too tied up with him for this fallout to not be expected

Last edited:

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
Tarantino = Rick Dalton.

A trash movie with good moments.

This movie should have been 1 1/2 hour maximum. And that would have been stretching it.

Margot's character was useless besides being great eye candy. This is the best Margot has looked in a movie. She looked great in this movie. Nothing much to work with besides walking around being a 60's blonde without a care in the world.

Al Pacino, Bruce Dern, and Kurt Russel were pretty much useless too.

Lena Dunham's appearance. :mjlol:

The really bad:

When Margot put her feet up in the movie theater. The dirty soles of her feet :scust:

When the broad in the car put her feet on the windshield? Yellowish color? :hhh:

I'm cool on feet , but if you gonna show them, clean them sh*ts. :mjtf:

Highlights:

Characters just driving around in old cars, old TV sets, old music. Gave it a good 60s vibe. The camera shots from up top to go from Dalton's place down to Tate's place.

Leo being Leo. :smugdraper:He and the 8 year old actress scenes were good.

Leo's italian wife in the movie. That a** of hers in the movie. :banderas:

Bruce Lee getting his a** kicked :shaq2: +:pachaha: at the same time. :mjlol:

The dog and both dog food prep sequences :whoo:

The MVP of this dud of a movie:

Brad Pitt. He stole the show. Very funny, especially the last part when he was high. :russ:

Overall, Tarantino has run to the well too many times. He has been running in circles, creatively.

There is really no movie or plot. 2 hours and 30 minutes....is waaaaaay too long. Taratino is in love with making long movies. That is cool, if the story, action or plot is compelling. It just wasn't enough there. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
For me that would be telling a story and having a plot. Also another weakness can be his overloading of music and in jokes/references. That might be more of a nit pick but for me it's a mask to hide from not having a grounded story.
It's set in the 60s. A lot of 60s movies didn't really have plots they were just kind of hang out films.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tarantino = Rick Dalton.

A trash movie with good moments.

This movie should have been 1 1/2 hour maximum. And that would have been stretching it.

Margot's character was useless besides being great eye candy. This is the best Margot has looked in a movie. She looked great in this movie. Nothing much to work with besides walking around being a 60's blonde without a care in the world.

Al Pacino, Bruce Dern, and Kurt Russel were pretty much useless too.

Lena Dunham's appearance. :mjlol:

The really bad:

When Margot put her feet up in the movie theater. The dirty soles of her feet :scust:

When the broad in the car put her feet on the windshield? Yellowish color? :hhh:

I'm cool on feet , but if you gonna show them, clean them sh*ts. :mjtf:

Highlights:

Characters just driving around in old cars, old TV sets, old music. Gave it a good 60s vibe. The camera shots from up top to go from Dalton's place down to Tate's place.

Leo being Leo. :smugdraper:He and the 8 year old actress scenes were good.

Bruce Lee getting his a** kicked :shaq2: +:pachaha: at the same time. :mjlol:

The dog and both dog food prep sequences :whoo:

The MVP of this dud of a movie:

Brad Pitt. He stole the show. Very funny, especially the last part when he was high. :russ:

Overall, Tarantino has run to the well too many times. He has been running circles, creatively.

There is really no movie or plot. 2 hours and 30 minutes....is waaaaaay too long. Taratino is in love with making long movies. That is cool, if the story, action or plot is compelling. It just wasn't enough there. :yeshrug:
What was the plot of his seminal film Pulp Fiction?