Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (Official Thread)

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how many times they say nikka for no reason?

Zero. :mjlit:

With the exception of Jimmy talking to Jules, I haven't seen a misuse of the word in any of his movies.

My thoughts have always been white people know how white people talk when we are not around. The first time i heard the word used in Goodfellas was jarring and made me angry because most productions don't have white characters using that word.

But then i started to think, I'm sure Scorsese knows how his people talk much better than I ever could.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Saw it earlier.

Not QTs best movie but not his worst. There's some comedy gold here with Leo providing the majority of the comic relief.

This is one of those movies where you know there is going to be a pay off but you have to deal with the grind of getting through 2 and half hours of Quentin being Quentin to get to it. Not all of it being a joy to get through either. But most of it is.

But overall the movie is entertaining I just don't know what it's purpose is. Quentin overloads on music from the era and for me got to a point where it was a little annoying.

There's some scenes and Tarantinoisms that just don't hit the mark and could be been cut out. Movie probably could be 30 minutes shorter.

The real star is Brad Pitt. Dude is beyond cool in this movie and totally steals the scenes he's in. Even tho Leo has all the emotional comedic parts Pitt just being who he is in this takes the cake. Seems like this movie is about him more than anyone else.

Robbie is just kind of there. She doesn't do much of anything.

On first watch a 7/10. The pay off scene may or may not be enough to justify the entire movie. Regardless it's very entertaining finale but just not what you might suspect and is a total 180 of what u watched for the previous 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Also. If u have to take a piss during this flick u probably won't miss much.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I enjoyed it. Don't think it's QT's best flick tho.

Leo is a damn good actor. Felt for the man realizing his career was circling the drain :wow:

Brad Pitt really is effortlessly cool in this flick.:wow:
That ass whoopin he gave that chick :damn:

Hope those two do another movie together.

Margot Robie is captivating, kind, completely channeling the stars of the 1960's, and the era, before instagram and snapchat, a highly privileged and talented young woman, who carried herself with and 'everyday" grace and elegance.

Yep. She really seemed totally innocent and care free.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked it enough that I’m gonna go see it again in a couple days. I see people saying it’s boring and there wasn’t much of a plot but the acting was so piff that I didn’t really care. I enjoyed the little slice of the characters lives we got to witness and I wasn’t like wtf wheres the plot progression.

I thought Leo gave the best performance. He was funny at points and his nervous tics were subtle and believable and had me feeling legit bad for him at points but Brad Pitt had a cooler character written for him and he nailed it.

Him confronting the dude who slashed his tire was great too lmao pulled the spare out the trunk and threw it on the ground then threw the tools on the ground, told him to fix it, then gave him the hands in front of all the Manson hos when he didn’t lmao

Also I saw a few people bytching cuz

killed his wife. Someone was just like “we just gonna be ok with that?” It’s a fukking Tarantino movie smh. That was also a funny ass lil scene to me

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of y’all are really knowledgeable about movies and history of movies. Did that add to your enjoyment when you catch all the references from the 60s? I can see how that can add to the overall enjoyment.

I kept feeling like I needed a Rap Genius for movies to catch all the references.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I enjoyed it. Don't think it's QT's best flick tho.

Leo is a damn good actor. Felt for the man realizing his career was circling the drain :wow:

Brad Pitt really is effortlessly cool in this flick.:wow:
That ass whoopin he gave that chick :damn:

Hope those two do another movie together.

Yep. She really seemed totally innocent and care free.
While high on LSD

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Some of y’all are really knowledgeable about movies and history of movies. Did that add to your enjoyment when you catch all the references from the 60s? I can see how that can add to the overall enjoyment.

I kept feeling like I needed a Rap Genius for movies to catch all the references.
I think that’s a valid point for this particular picture. You probably have to be well-versed on those times to enjoy it more.