On a serious note, who's been divorced or going through one right now?

4North1Side2

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm going thru an amicable divorce right now. (Thanks Coli wolves) I been with this new chick, she keeps pressuring me for marriage but something tells me not to do it.... I know if we divorce, it'll be pure hell.

Ronnie Macho

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Just curious, how did it work out for you? Was it hard or easy? Are there children inovled? If you would recommend how to deal with it, what would you say to that person who may be getting one? :lupe:

recommend how to deal with it, what would you say to that person who may be getting one? :lupe:[/QUOTE]

Been divorced for 2 years now...and before that was separated for 2 years...so in short...it was hard to go thru..cuz i went thru it by myself
with no support really...so make sure you fill the void with the things you had before you were married...get ur life back or create one...keep movin' forward with ur interests and get lost in your interests andn life's passion...there were no children involved that we had together...if you want it to work...understand that things will change and the both of you will have to keep the communication lines open for it to work...no one stays in love forever...you have to "work it out" so that you 2 keep fallin' in love so as to foster a loving home environment for the children if any....good luck 2 you!

Shameless plug...but a song I wrote in ref to relationships and my ex...maybe you or some can relate...

Have a good 1,

Kavin The 1

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
:dahell: you plan on becoming a slave or something?

yeah, I have always wanted to make money, but I am not about working them crazy hours. I will do a good 40-45 hours a week. thats it. if I can't get my shyt done in that amount of time, then charge it to the game.

rather make a little less working normal hours, than have no life and making bread where u can't even enjoy it or have sanity.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I'm going thru an amicable divorce right now. (Thanks Coli wolves) I been with this new chick, she keeps pressuring me for marriage but something tells me not to do it.... I know if we divorce, it'll be pure hell.
RUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't do it, reconsider....real talk, chicks who are so pressed to get married are just infatuated by the THOUGHT & FEELING of being married and not really interested in doing the things to STAY married

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
This. It used to take everything in my power to come home after work sometimes. Used to try and work extra hours to prolong having to come home. Only saving grace was that i could spend time with my daughter.
not to turn this into a black woman bashing thread but I did a lil off to the side experiment when I was working in KC...pretty much was only like 7-8 black guys at my last job....3 were in interracial marriage, the rest with sistas..the IR marriage dudes would be wide awake, cheerful, productive, happy to be at work but at the same time happy to leave....dudes married to sistas just looked like they were at the end of line and either ready to commit that or kill her...mad late for work, usually stayed late as shyt, looked like the world consistently dealt them a shytty hand...i felt bad for them dudes...long story short, keep PAWGIN brehs, you'll eventually get that one

Solano707

The Coli's dirty Afro-Mexicano
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California (Live in GA)
not to turn this into a black woman bashing thread but I did a lil off to the side experiment when I was working in KC...pretty much was only like 7-8 black guys at my last job....3 were in interracial marriage, the rest with sistas..the IR marriage dudes would be wide awake, cheerful, productive, happy to be at work but at the same time happy to leave....dudes married to sistas just looked like they were at the end of line and either ready to commit that or kill her...mad late for work, usually stayed late as shyt, looked like the world consistently dealt them a shytty hand...i felt bad for them dudes...long story short, keep PAWGIN brehs, you'll eventually get that one

:dead: this actually made me laugh

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
yeah, I have always wanted to make money, but I am not about working them crazy hours. I will do a good 40-45 hours a week. thats it. if I can't get my shyt done in that amount of time, then charge it to the game.

rather make a little less working normal hours, than have no life and making bread where u can't even enjoy it or have sanity.

When I was fresh out of college in my early 20's I was working 2 jobs for years...it killed my relationship with my ex at the time and I saw the change in her, and she saw it in me. Ended up breaking things off after 3.5 yrs. I def learned from that. Too many work hrs kills your social life, and the lack of social life can affect that way you work. Shyt's a cycle. Also had to read something to realize the workload never ends. It if did, we'd just be temps.