Olympic Gold Medalist Joel Embiid using up his PTO to start the season. Expected to miss several games.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
This team is trying to win a chip right? When has that strategy ever worked out in the form of a chip. Low minutes and occasional rest is one thing but just punting the season hoping for a dude that cant stay healthy to magically be healthy for the playoffs is another. ImIf anything they shoulda done like the Clippers and said no to the Olympics.
What strategy have the 76ers used during Embiid’s tenure that has produced postseason success? I’m not saying punt on the season. But there number one goal should be to have a healthy Embiid and PG going into the playoffs. If either of them cats have any lingering injuries I feel like it’s a wrap. We’ve already seen how that movie ends again and again.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
I’ll concede that it’s a sad state of affairs when a team that is expected to be in contention for a deep playoff run is basically announcing to its fanbase that their star players aren’t ready to open the season and will likely not be available for games throughout the year? What fans are gonna be exciting about that? Who is gonna buy those expensive tickets when you know there’s a good chance a couple of your best players will be in street clothes? They better be glad Maxey is on that team.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What strategy have the 76ers used during Embiid’s tenure that has produced postseason success? I’m not saying punt on the season. But there number one goal should be to have a healthy Embiid and PG going into the playoffs. If either of them cats have any lingering injuries I feel like it’s a wrap. We’ve already seen how that movie ends again and again.
Thats a false choice. Just because they have failed in the past doesn't mean this is a good idea.

If they cant make it through the regular season, chances are they cant make it through a playoff run :manny:. Injuries are not something you can avoid like that. They just happen...especially for injury prone nikkas. Point is, either they got it or they dont. Putting them in shrink wrap on the shelf aint helping anything. We have never seen any of these "just get to the playoffs" teams win it all.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
seriouspeople-loganroy.gif

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
No arena in Chinatown! Let these bums go to Camden! :pacspit:

edit: fukk it, it's Maxey's team now. Nobody's coming to see you Embiid!

Last edited:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
What a fukking joke. Nobody should be taking these bozos serious.
When the playoffs are a virtually guaranteed outcome to the point where teams don't even care who they play, you get this.

When teams are trying to extend their careers to keep getting contract extensions like Kawhi and Embiid, you get this. Embiid in another lifetime is that HOF center that only played 7 years.

This is the NBA and if you don't like that, blame @Houston911 because this is the league he dreamed of (except for all the Euros getting drafted high. He had to make some concessions).

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
When the playoffs are a virtually guaranteed outcome to the point where teams don't even care who they play, you get this.

When teams are trying to extend their careers to keep getting contract extensions like Kawhi and Embiid, you get this. Embiid in another lifetime is that HOF center that only played 7 years.

This is the NBA and if you don't like that, blame @Houston911 because this is the league he dreamed of (except for all the Euros getting drafted high. He had to make some concessions).

what @Houston911 do? :dead:

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Thats a false choice. Just because they have failed in the past doesn't mean this is a good idea.

If they cant make it through the regular season, chances are they cant make it through a playoff run :manny:. Injuries are not something you can avoid like that. They just happen...especially for injury prone nikkas. Point is, either they got it or they dont. Putting them in shrink wrap on the shelf aint helping anything. We have never seen any of these "just get to the playoffs" teams win it all.
Pitchers in baseball are a perfect example. Despite all the precautions they take, they still end up injured.