OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

BlaccSunrise

Superstar
Daps

6:46
Dude is talking out his ass when speaking on the LG remote:mjlol:

LG makes one of the most versatile remotes out there. Users have a choice between using gyro controls or traditional arrows for navigation, on top of having the number buttons for menu codes.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London

LG makes one of the most versatile remotes out there. Users have a choice between using gyro controls or traditional arrows for navigation, on top of having the number buttons for menu codes.

Nah I legitimately hate that LG remote. Every time I try to click confirm on it, the wheel scrolls and I end up choosing the wrong setting. I prefer the traditional Samsung remote (in the EU/UK you get both with your TV)

I'm buying myself a cheap service remote to avoid using it

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah I legitimately hate that LG remote. Every time I try to click confirm on it, the wheel scrolls and I end up choosing the wrong setting. I prefer the traditional Samsung remote (in the EU/UK you get both with your TV)

I'm buying myself a cheap service remote to avoid using it

I barely use it, since I run everything through my Chromecast with Google TV, but I really don't like using it. Not having a backlight is pretty crazy when you consider that buyers are encouraged to use the TV in dark spaces.

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Final in the game!! Was going back and forth between the C1 and C2 and saw that the C2 wasn't that big enough improvement to drop that cash on so went with th C1. What's a good sound bar brehs?
Welcome to the gang, breh.

There is no such thing as a good soundbar. They're only for people too cheap or poor to get a real stereo.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Those gryo remote controls are weird. I never use them.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

There is no such thing as a good soundbar. They're only for people too cheap or poor to get a real stereo.
My Sonos Arc is a great soundbar and it cost about $1350 for it and two Sonos Ones. Once I get the sub it'll be $2000. Liked it so much I got another arc for my other TV.

I also have a Yamaha RX-A1020BL surround sound system but I don't use it. I'd rather use the Sonos.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures

I’ll have to disagree respectfully.

While nothing is going to ever beat separated speakers, the quality of some of those higher priced sound bars can be quite surprising.

I think there’s great value in them, especially if you’re not going to truly invest in a traditional home theater setup. Even the cheapest ones almost always sound better than the whatever is on a tv.

TripleAgent

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I’ll have to disagree respectfully.

While nothing is going to ever beat separated speakers, the quality of some of those higher priced sound bars can be quite surprising.

I think there’s great value in them, especially if you’re not going to truly invest in a traditional home theater setup. Even the cheapest ones almost always sound better than the whatever is on a tv.
You disagreed, then agreed:francis:

@Chiefdogg Get a system and be done with it. Getting an OLED then not getting proper sound is like fukking your wife with a condom. Why get married?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You disagreed, then agreed:francis:

@Chiefdogg Get a system and be done with it. Getting an OLED then not getting proper sound is like fukking your wife with a condom. Why get married?

I get what he's saying. Going full sound system is overkill for some spaces, but using the TV speakers is an automatic no-go. Getting a solid sound bar can be the right solution sometimes.

TripleAgent

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I get what he's saying. Going full sound system is overkill for some spaces, but using the TV speakers is an automatic no-go. Getting a solid sound bar can be the right solution sometimes.
If you can afford an OLED, you shouldn't be living in a space where a stereo is "overkill". Is he in some NYC shoebox studio apartment? What is "overkill"? Even in there, real surround (especially Atmos) is still going to be much different. Soundbars are pointless.