OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Soundbars are appealing because they are designed to be compact, minimalistic and compliment your tv/entertainment center. Especially if you don't have space for a dedicated stereo setup.

I am kind of in line with trip. Soundbars imo are just glorified center channel speakers. And for the amount people are paying - especially a $1000+, you could easily get a receiver, 2 bookshelf speakers and a quality subwoofer that will give you the best bang for your buck.

The caveat is that besides the receiver, those components are big and may need their own shelf/stand. And also will require you to do more work in the setup process especially dealing with wires/connectors. People don't have the space or just can't be bothered which is understandable.

If you're watching tv shows than a soundbar is sufficient. But if you are a die hard movie watcher or even gamer, theres nothing like having a 2.1, 5.1 or even with 2 subwoofers that takes the experience to a whole notha level.

But as long as you're happy. fukk it. We OLED Gang at the end of the day :blessed:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
@Rekkapryde

I see you back on the 5 with Horizon :whoo:

What you think of the new TV now that you got some proper eye candy? :mjpls:

:wow:

It already looked good on my old KS8000 Sammy but the picture on this OLED is A+ compared to a B/B-

But I lost so much progress since my saves weren’t auto uploading like I thought. I was at level 21 with my cloud save. 25% if the world uncovered.

When my OG PS5 went down 3 Weeks ago I was at Level 50 with like 85% of the land uncovered. No rare or legendary weapons like I had before either. I’m mad.

But yeah, the picture is even greater now. I’m playing with the performance setting vs Fidelity

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Man ...

I tried to move my Sony Oled into the upstairs den area, take it out my office.

Everything was going great, as I lift the tv I sort of slip, I think nothing of it... everything looks fine...

I plug the beast in, nothing but blinking red lights. I look up the issue, factory reset, screen won't turn on. I have another look at the screen and see a small crack in the bottom left....

I call Sony, and also chatted. Essentially get virtually Camby'd. Could of swore I got the extend warranty from Best Buy, call them... Camby'd... no nikka you didn't get shyt.

This tv is useless now, I don't know whether or not bury this in the backyard or put it out on the curb. My favorite tv ever... I paid 2200 for this, I look on Best Buy and the shyt is 2500 :camby:

LG once replaced my B7 burn in for free, Sony didn't do shyt but say its your fault and too me to kick rocks. Fukk Sony.

dmx-cry.gif

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man ...

Everything was going great, as I lift the tv I sort of slip, I think nothing of it... everything looks fine...

I plug the beast in, nothing but blinking red lights. I look up the issue, factory reset, screen won't turn on. I have another look at the screen and see a small crack in the bottom left....

I call Sony, and also chatted. Essentially get virtually Camby'd. Could of swore I got the extend warranty from Best Buy, call them... Camby'd... no nikka you didn't get shyt.

This tv is useless now, I don't know whether or not bury this in the backyard or put it out on the curb. My favorite tv ever... I paid 2200 for this, I look on Best Buy and the shyt is 2500 :camby:

LG once replaced my B7 burn in for free, Sony didn't do shyt but say its your fault and too me to kick rocks. Fukk Sony.

dmx-cry.gif
What size TV breh? Anything bigger than 55", I'm not touching alone. I can't believe my dumbass thought I'd be able to set my 77" up by myself. I quickly axed that shyt when I got it loaded in the truck :russ:

You don't wanna hear this but I read they got some solid sales going on right now. The C1 is on sale for $1599/2599 respectively for the 65/75 inch at Costco.

Last edited:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
What size TV breh? Anything bigger than 55", I'm not touching alone. I can't believe my dumbass thought I'd be able to set my 77" up by myself. I quickly axed that shyt when I got it loaded in the truck :russ:

You don't wanna hear this but I read they got some solid sales going on right now. The C1 is on sale for $1599/2599 respectively for the 65/75 inch at Costco.

65, I thought I had this easily I mounted it on the wall myself …

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Man ...

dmx-cry.gif
Y'all love Sony so much...pay the Sony tax...:francis:

Tallac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man ...

dmx-cry.gif
I had the same issue few years ago. I called Sony, emailed them, chatted with them, they did not want to repair the TV. Since that day, I said no more Sony TVs in my house.:camby: