OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
The pixel refresher got rid of any burn I started seeing on the OLED (the PS Sign andsome other shyt)

Pixel refreshing is nice to have (especially since uniformity can masks degradation), unfortunately the burn-in it is something that is part of the technology. :sadcam:

As far as I know, Samsung has a little leg up on reliability as their QD layer allows better light conversion, thus doesn't need to drive the LEDs as hard and making them last longer. But everyone should get a warranty on an OLED TV they buy.

On another note, I was at a store nearby and looking at the OLEDs. Just makes me want those Micro LEDs to pick up more steam. Can't wait for that to come out since it will solve almost all issues aside from sample-and-hold inherited "flaws".

Daps
Pixel refreshing is nice to have (especially since uniformity can masks degradation), unfortunately the burn-in it is something that is part of the technology. :sadcam:

As far as I know, Samsung has a little leg up on reliability as their QD layer allows better light conversion, thus doesn't need to drive the LEDs as hard and making them last longer. But everyone should get a warranty on an OLED TV they buy.

On another note, I was at a store nearby and looking at the OLEDs. Just makes me want those Micro LEDs to pick up more steam. Can't wait for that to come out since it will solve almost all issues aside from sample-and-hold inherited "flaws".
The pixel refresher works but most people don't use it even though it automatically runs when ou turn off the tv after using it for a while

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was more than just image retention.
The entire outline and image was suck on the screen for a while
The pixel refresher is there to prevent the burn in

Image retention stays for a while, burn in is burned into the screen those are dead pixels

pixel refresh is there to prevent burn in from happening not repair burn in, it prevents burn in by rearranges the pixels so an image can't burn in

BlaccSunrise

Superstar
Daps
Samsung shytting on their flagship product:francis:

I know Quantum is suspect, but he's in the right calling Samsung out.

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
Samsung shytting on their flagship product:francis:

I know Quantum is suspect, but he's in the right calling Samsung out.

Dynamic Mode still hits 1500 nits and can be tamed to look like the old Movie mode if you go on AVS Forum.

All the other modes got nerfed to just over 1000 nits which puts it right above the Sony QD-OLED and the LG G2.

It’s still the brightest OLED you can buy just not what it was before.

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Dynamic Mode still hits 1500 nits and can be tamed to look like the old Movie mode if you go on AVS Forum.

All the other modes got nerfed to just over 1000 nits which puts it right above the Sony QD-OLED and the LG G2.

It’s still the brightest OLED you can buy just not what it was before.
I knew shyt was fishy. I'm good. My C1 is fine for now.

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I got the Samsung, a CX and a C8 and its killing it both of em.

But there's no real reason to upgrade a C1 for a few years unless you just got money to blow and want something brighter.
That Samsung foolery is a dealbreaker for me. Makes me think the tech isn't what they said it was.