OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you can afford an OLED, you shouldn't be living in a space where a stereo is "overkill". Is he in some NYC shoebox studio apartment? What is "overkill"? Even in there, real surround (especially Atmos) is still going to be much different. Soundbars are pointless.

First off, most OLEDs aren't the luxury item they used to be. Unless you're jumping the gun and trying to get shyt right when it comes out, you don't necessarily have to pay crazy money to get one these days. Acting like there isn't a solid chance that at least half the brehs in this very thread aren't living in apartments right now, and able to comfortably afford OLEDs. :mjlol:

Secondly, most people are trying to cram sound systems that could easily cover twice the square footage of their living rooms. Not every home has been built or remodeled in the last 10-20 years when the great room style of blowing out the living room, dining room, and kitchen to combine them was a thing. In those cases, going even with a 7.1, let alone a full Atmos setup is really just hitting folks in the head with sound, as opposed to giving it the proper spacing to take effect.

And ultimately, people should buy whatever works best for them. Acting like someone's dumb for buying what they prefer for their space for the TV is going on is corny.

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
First off, most OLEDs aren't the luxury item they used to be. Unless you're jumping the gun and trying to get shyt right when it comes out, you don't necessarily have to pay crazy money to get one these days. Acting like there isn't a solid chance that at least half the brehs in this very thread aren't living in apartments right now, and able to comfortably afford OLEDs. :mjlol:

Secondly, most people are trying to cram sound systems that could easily cover twice the square footage of their living rooms. Not every home has been built or remodeled in the last 10-20 years when the great room style of blowing out the living room, dining room, and kitchen to combine them was a thing. In those cases, going even with a 7.1, let alone a full Atmos setup is really just hitting folks in the head with sound, as opposed to giving it the proper spacing to take effect.

And ultimately, people should buy whatever works best for them. Acting like someone's dumb for buying what they prefer for their space for the TV is going on is corny.
If you can afford a thousand dollar TV, you can spend half of that for a basic surround set. If you have space for a 55" or larger TV, you have space for seperates. They have ones with tiny speakers that will fit anywhere.

With Audessy and the like, a modern system can correct itself for almost any room.

Lastly, I'm not getting how going out of your way to buy the best possible, premium TV and pairing it with inferior, cheap sound "works best", but if it makes you feel smart, carry on.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you can afford a thousand dollar TV, you can spend half of that for a basic surround set. If you have space for a 55" or larger TV, you have space for seperates. They have ones with tiny speakers that will fit anywhere.

With Audessy and the like, a modern system can correct itself for almost any room.

Lastly, I'm not getting how going out of your way to buy the best possible, premium TV and pairing it with inferior, cheap sound "works best", but if it makes you feel smart, carry on.

I don't think I'm smart, I just used to sell this shyt for a living, but I can pull some smart guy shyt out, I guess.

A couple of google searches would suggest that the average living room can range from 300-350 square feet. Depending on who you ask, you probably need more than 350 square feet to properly space 7.1. It's not just about having a spot to put a speaker, it's also about giving each speaker enough space for the individual channels to not step all over each other.

On top of that, there are plenty of people that don't want to arrange their living room around where the other three to six non front facing channels are supposed to.

And while stuff like Audyssey is heloful for fine tuning your setup, it shouldn't be used to compensate for the room just plain being wrong for the equipment.

No one, not even manufacturers of these sound bars is trying to say they're superior to a full sound system, but they are saying they're suitable alternatives for people who can't or don't want to go all out. And again, it doesn't matter what some breh on the internet says, if whoever bought the gear is happy with how it performs, it did its job.

TripleAgent

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I don't think I'm smart, I just used to sell this shyt for a living, but I can pull some smart guy shyt out, I guess.

A couple of google searches would suggest that the average living room can range from 300-350 square feet. Depending on who you ask, you probably need more than 350 square feet to properly space 7.1. It's not just about having a spot to put a speaker, it's also about giving each speaker enough space for the individual channels to not step all over each other.

On top of that, there are plenty of people that don't want to arrange their living room around where the other three to six non front facing channels are supposed to.

And while stuff like Audyssey is heloful for fine tuning your setup, it shouldn't be used to compensate for the room just plain being wrong for the equipment.

No one, not even manufacturers of these sound bars is trying to say they're superior to a full sound system, but they are saying they're suitable alternatives for people who can't or don't want to go all out. And again, it doesn't matter what some breh on the internet says, if whoever bought the gear is happy with how it performs, it did its job.
Just like your Walmart LCD is "good enough" until you see an OLED, then go home and look at your Black Friday special like :hhh:

If someone asks, I'm telling them the truth. Soundbars are wack. :yeshrug:

If you're so knowledgeable and pulled out all those metrics, why didn’t you ask him about his room and all that to guide him the right way, instead of waiting to try to use it against me? :pachaha:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just like your Walmart LCD is "good enough" until you see an OLED, then go home and look at your Black Friday special like :hhh:

If someone asks, I'm telling them the truth. Soundbars are wack. :yeshrug:

If you're so knowledgeable and pulled out all those metrics, why didn’t you ask him about his room and all that to guide him the right way, instead of waiting to try to use it against me? :pachaha:

You joke, but that's how the process goes for some people. This thread is full of people who weren't even upgrading from shytty TVs that are like "I thought I knew, but I didn't :ohhh: "

And breh sounded like he was already doing his own research, so I was gonna let him cook. If he's got more questions, there'll be other posts. It just doesn't help him to automatically say that one option or the other is automatically trash. There are shytty sound bars, and there are good ones (the Sonos ones are pretty good, for example), just as there are good surround setups and shytty ones. I've unfortunately seen a lot of people force themselves into shytty version of both because they had it in their head that one option was better than the other no matter what.

TripleAgent

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
You joke, but that's how the process goes for some people. This thread is full of people who weren't even upgrading from shytty TVs that are like "I thought I knew, but I didn't :ohhh: "

And breh sounded like he was already doing his own research, so I was gonna let him cook. If he's got more questions, there'll be other posts. It just doesn't help him to automatically say that one option or the other is automatically trash. There are shytty sound bars, and there are good ones (the Sonos ones are pretty good, for example), just as there are good surround setups and shytty ones. I've unfortunately seen a lot of people force themselves into shytty version of both because they had it in their head that one option was better than the other no matter what.
You're assuming things we don't know. Again, if you're that concerned, why didn't you ask him and help guide him instead of attacking me? But I'M "corny"? Let's stop derailing the OLED thread. In fact, since you know so much, start a Home Theater/Audio thread, then you can do whatever you want there.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're assuming things we don't know. Again, if you're that concerned, why didn't you ask him and help guide him instead of attacking me? But I'M "corny"? Let's stop derailing the OLED thread. In fact, since you know so much, start a Home Theater/Audio thread, then you can do whatever you want there.

No one was attacking you really, breh. You just got defensive when a differing point of view was presented. But agreed, we already have a home theater thread for that type of talk, and this can go there.

TripleAgent

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
No one was attacking you really, breh. You just got defensive when a differing point of view was presented. But agreed, we already have a home theater thread for that type of talk, and this can go there.
No, you started throwing shots at me after I said what I said. I made no personal attacks. All I attacked were soundbars.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, you started throwing shots at me after I said what I said. I made no personal attacks. All I attacked were soundbars.

Breh, you tryna move on or not? I swear we already agreed to move on a couple of posts ago.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures

Why are you equating cheap sound to soundbars. There are sound bars that sound better than cheap 500 HTiB. Please educate yourself.

There are soundbars that cost more than oled tvs.

Also, the if you have X then you should have Y is a pretty low iq argument.

TripleAgent

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Why are you equating cheap sound to soundbars. There are sound bars that sound better than cheap 500 HTiB. Please educate yourself.

There are soundbars that cost more than oled tvs.

Also, the if you have X then you should have Y is a pretty low iq argument.
Prove it