OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I kind of wish I went with the 77 inch. Once I get a house (these prices need to come down, fukk) I may do a 77 or hell 85 for my living room and then move the 65 into a man cave like set up.

I WANT TO BE IN THE SCREEN! Goals! 😎

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Two things,

Is QD OLED the next big step up, or is it too early to tell? It's supposed to be best of both worlds in regards to being bright and dark blacks

Last night I start watching Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings on 4K Blu Ray. shyt was GODLY:ohlawd::banderas:

Veteran
Daps
I kind of wish I went with the 77 inch. Once I get a house (these prices need to come down, fukk) I may do a 77 or hell 85 for my living room and then move the 65 into a man cave like set up.

I WANT TO BE IN THE SCREEN! Goals! 😎

I wish I would've went 65 instead of 55. I might have to do it in the coming months unless I go QD OLED.

Veteran
Daps
damn…the shyt is super light but cumbersome and fragile…I’m getting ready to put it on top the TV stand this second

*edit*

got it. :whew::whoo:

Had I known, I would've warned you that TV thin as hell and flimsy. Would've had professionals do it.

Did you watch anything yet? HDR is a MUST with this tv, otherwise you not taking full advantage. There's big difference between 4K and 4K HDR. If the source you watching doesn't say 4K HDR you not getting all the benefits. You got a PS5, I'd cop some 4K blu rays because that's the top notch quality. Streaming is pretty good too.

If you want to see something quick to show off the TV Youtube has good 4K HDR videos.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Had I known, I would've warned you that TV thin as hell and flimsy. Would've had professionals do it.

Did you watch anything yet? HDR is a MUST with this tv, otherwise you not taking full advantage. There's big difference between 4K and 4K HDR. If the source you watching doesn't say 4K HDR you not getting all the benefits. You got a PS5, I'd cop some 4K blu rays because that's the top notch quality. Streaming is pretty good too.

If you want to see something quick to show off the TV Youtube has good 4K HDR videos.

appreciate the feedback…I haven’t tested it yet…waiting for FIOS to get setup but ya I was planning on using this TV primarily for streaming so that’s good to hear…I’ll be doing some gaming on in initially as well…as a matter of fact I gotta call verizon today…I should be setup by the end of the week

*edit*

I should be setup by the end of the week

scratch that—end of the day :blessed:

Last edited:

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
I have both the Samsung S95B QD-OLED and an LG CX and the QD-OLED is smoking the LG on brightness and detail. I know nikkas on here are reluctant to pull the trigger on new tech but I don’t regret it at all as of right now…

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Already holding an L on that Samsung tv. 25 days later it’s $200 less. Amazon doesn’t offer price protection especially this many days out on a TV. Return period just expired. Oh well such is the life of an early adopter.

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
Already holding an L on that Samsung tv. 25 days later it’s $200 less. Amazon doesn’t offer price protection especially this many days out on a TV. Return period just expired. Oh well such is the life of an early adopter.

I copped from Best Buy….called yesterday and they matched their own website and refunded me $215

Veteran
Daps
I have both the Samsung S95B QD-OLED and an LG CX and the QD-OLED is smoking the LG on brightness and detail. I know nikkas on here are reluctant to pull the trigger on new tech but I don’t regret it at all as of right now…

I don't trust Samsung. I ain't got the money, but I'd go Sony's QD OLED

Besides, brightness ain't what a lot of us looking for. We want those inky blacks.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I copped from Best Buy….called yesterday and they matched their own website and refunded me $215
I took 18 month financing from Amazon. I’ll pay it off in far less. Probably could have got the same from Best Buy but my credit card with them only has a $2K limit. I got it 12 years ago and almost never use it except once a year or so.

Jcotton1

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Looked at the Sony OLED yesterday. My homie is in the vino industry and works with Hollywood and sports starts He fancy got the LG G series and a new M4. I don't know if going Sony or LG. My bro at a chain spot said cop a c series on it's on sale for 1600 which isn't bad. My mind says wait till I hit CES in January. Back for the first time gonna be :whoo::banderas::banderas::myman:. I'm waiting on that registration email.

OLED gang soon. No more LCD Vizio. :pacspit::hhh::hhh::youngsabo:. Oled owners y'all the real MVPs.

Word to Slim Reaper his Warriors year.

Last edited:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Looked at the Sony OLED yesterday. My homie is in the vino industry and works with Hollywood and sports starts He fancy got the LG G series and a new M4. I don't know if going Sony or LG. My bro at a chain spot said cop a c series on it's on sale for 1600 which isn't bad. My mind says wait till I hit CES in January. Back for the first time gonna be :whoo::banderas::banderas::myman:. I'm waiting on that registration email.

OLED gang soon. No more LCD Vizio. :pacspit::hhh::hhh::youngsabo:. Oled owners y'all the real MVPs.

Word to Slim Reaper his Warriors year.

Can’t make a mistake either way, I went with Sony last year and am very happy with my purchase, Sonys got this look to them that I just like.

Jcotton1

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Can’t make a mistake either way, I went with Sony last year and am very happy with my purchase, Sonys got this look to them that I just like.

Glad to hear you love your new joint breh.

I wish Sony would have 2.1 hdmi's this coming year. Hopefully next yr I can head to Japan and see my cousin and his wife. Japan has the tech and bullet trains we would never have.

Walter H White

All Star
Daps
Have both and the brightness is definitely a game changer, but my s95B has bad color fringing and overall color accuracy is lacking. Also prefer the WebOs over Tizen