OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
damn the xbox dashboard looks lifeless on this screen

*edit*

ok found out why…games look great tho so that’s all that really matters…but I was jumping back and forth between the xbox and PS5 and the difference in how vibrant the dashboards look is immense

Dashboard is SDR which is cut almost in half from HDR in peak brightness. Unless MS makes it HDR in an update it’ll always be dim. Samsung SDR can be as bright as the C1’s max HDR brightness, so that can be pretty dramatic. Does HDR content look good to you though?

Daps
Im looking to get an OLED soon.....
Got a bunch of 4k Blu Ray movies and i mainly watch the blu ray disc cuz it don't look like a major difference on my tv

Maybe an OLED will give the actual 4k disc some shine.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Im looking to get an OLED soon.....
Got a bunch of 4k Blu Ray movies and i mainly watch the blu ray disc cuz it don't look like a major difference on my tv

Maybe an OLED will give the actual 4k disc some shine.
What’s your TV currently? There’s no reason you shouldn’t see a difference between 4k blu-ray and regular blu-ray unless your current panel’s HDR capabilities is trash

The HDR will probably see a noticeable upgrade on OLED but the biggest thing for me was going to 77” made it way more immersive. You’ll be wanting to re-watch all of your 4K blu-rays.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
just when I thought I had everything figured out and customized the xbox settings just changed on me randomly smh…shyt looks completely distorted lol

*edit*

for some reason it’s displaying at 640 x 480

ok restarting the xbox solved the problem…weird that it happened tho…this the second time…first time I reset the TV which I wasn’t about to do again now that I have a lot of settings customized

did some googling and it’s a known xbox issue

Last edited:

Jcotton1

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Thoughts on the LG C1 OLED?

It's okay. One friend swears by it. My office cubical bro has the LG G series oled. I also know some hardcore Sony tv bros/ brehs.

I'm gonna wait till CES 2023 in January to get an up close look talk with some reps and when the 2023 editions Sony or LG drops I'm gonna make a move.

My standards are a bit much. I like all the bells and whistles with home audio speakers with center channels to boot.

Daps
What’s your TV currently? There’s no reason you shouldn’t see a difference between 4k blu-ray and regular blu-ray unless your current panel’s HDR capabilities is trash

The HDR will probably see a noticeable upgrade on OLED but the biggest thing for me was going to 77” made it way more immersive. You’ll be wanting to re-watch all of your 4K blu-rays.

tcl 4k HDR

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
why does the TV keep renaming my “PS5” input as “N.A Game Console” …?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dunno, never happened to me. What kind of tv do you have? and what year?.

LG C2

it automatically recognizes it correctly if I have the HDMI-CEC settings turned on for the PS5 but I didn’t like that bcuz the PS5 would keep turning on by itself and then whatever I was watching the input would automatically switch to the PS5 so I turned off that setting and had to manually rename the HDMI 1 input as “PS5” but it will randomly rename it to “N.A game console” after a few days

*edit*

I’m seeing this is an issue with several different LG TVs in general…where the customized input name/label is reset at random…no solution being offered yet tho…it’s a minor inconvenience but not one you’d expect with a $2500 television…never had this issue with any TVs before

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LG C2

it automatically recognizes it correctly if I have the HDMI-CEC settings turned on for the PS5 but I didn’t like that bcuz the PS5 would keep turning on by itself and then whatever I was watching the input would automatically switch to the PS5 so I turned off that setting and had to manually rename the HDMI 1 input as “PS5” but it will randomly rename it to “N.A game console” after a few days

*edit*

I’m seeing this is an issue with several different LG TVs in general…where the customized input name/label is reset at random…no solution being offered yet tho…it’s a minor inconvenience but not one you’d expect with a $2500 television…never had this issue with any TVs before
Oh, I see LG C2. Mine is LG C1 2021.

You need to change PS5's HDMI Device Link setting if you don't want it automatically. Or change LG's setting, Simplink (HDMI-CEC)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh, I see LG C2. Mine is LG C1 2021.

You need to change PS5's HDMI Device Link setting if you don't want it automatically. Or change LG's setting, Simplink (HDMI-CEC)

I did that and that’s when the problem started with the TV renaming the input which is the issue I’m having…I don’t think the model makes a difference…I’m seeing folks note the same issue with various LG TVs…some recent, some not…no solution so far tho

Jcotton1

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I did that and that’s when the problem started with the TV renaming the input which is the issue I’m having…I don’t think the model makes a difference…I’m seeing folks note the same issue with various LG TVs…some recent, some not…no solution so far tho

Don't know if u tired check avs forums under the gaming section. They have dudes who probably could help. Maybe it needs an update via firm ware just thinking off the cuff

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Saw 83 inch OLED C1 at Costco for 4500.
I'm like damn the costs are dropping all around on OLEN and LEDs wattba