OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
This TV cost me 27 points on my credit score. I bought it for $2300 and it posted to my Amazon Visa that has a $6500 limit. Credit score dropped from an 823 to a 796 because of he utilization on a single card was 36%. Total utilization is like 5%. I’ll get it back but damn.
shouldn't have credit cards to start with.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
This TV cost me 27 points on my credit score. I bought it for $2300 and it posted to my Amazon Visa that has a $6500 limit. Credit score dropped from an 823 to a 796 because of he utilization on a single card was 36%. Total utilization is like 5%. I’ll get it back but damn.
:damn:

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Yeah, so im going to go back to getting the 42' c2 for my desk. Went into my local costco and they had the 48' and 55' C1 on display. shyt is too huge for my desk.

Qd oled will probably be my next tv in 75'+. But my 65' CX is still running like a champ.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
If you go get settings online you aren’t that serious about it. You’re casual enough to not care that your picture isn’t meeting reference quality because you literally won’t pay a professional to be sure it does. Online settings don’t even sniff a proper TV calibration. That’s like saying you only like luxury cars but you drive a Buick. People who are serious about this don’t cheap out on expense like that.

I guess , but according to dude colors are way off … like cartoonish levels

I feel like you’re trying to justify your purchase

Daps
Reppin
NULL

All this shyt is subjective, that's why settings exist so you can make the picture look the way you prefer

They say the CX doesn't get bright, but I turn the brightness down on mine, and yes the TV looks way better in a pitch black room than a lit room, but I got it when it first released and don't see the need to upgrade, until there's gigantic leap, some better want to be on the cutting edge and always have the newest

all that calibration stuff is just preference, I got OLED because I like the perfect blacks, I like darker tones in general, even my clothing and I always set the HDR to the darkest I can get it, because it looks more realistic to me

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I feel like I like what I bought. I could return it I'm not stuck with it but I prefer it and when you hear other people talking about it they mostly prefer it too. It's the same way colors are more accurate on the iPhone but I prefer the way a Galaxy phone looks even if the colors are exaggerated. To me the iPhone looks duller. I could have Amazon come pick up this TV and deliver me an LC C2 and get about $400 back in a refund. I'd rather keep this set than get that back.

Don't get me wrong I have issues with the Samsung like it sucks as a PC monitor in handling overscan, the remote is trash, the TV OS is basic, laggy and slow but when it comes to picture quality I prefer something that's pleasing to the eye even if they comes at the expense of reference accuracy.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I'm at the point where I can't be bothered to argue about consumer electronics.

To most people reference tends to look dull whereas the saturated look of eye-catching. Out of all the TV manufacturers Samsung shifts the most units despite them not having the most accurate colours or Dolby Vision.Their brightness and saturation is what sells.

Hell Panasonic is widely known for having the best TV picture yet sell the least amount of televisions that they had to pull out of the US market

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I'm at the point where I can't be bothered to argue about consumer electronics.

To most people reference tends to look dull whereas the saturated look of eye-catching. Out of all the TV manufacturers Samsung shifts the most units despite them not having the most accurate colours or Dolby Vision.Their brightness and saturation is what seeks sells.

Hell Panasonic is widely known for having the best TV picture yet sell the least amount of televisions that they had to pull out of the US market
Though I disagree and prefer accuracy, I respect feeling that way. The dealbreaker for me is they don’t give you the OPTION of choosing accuracy. That's garbage to me. That is the ENTIRE point of Filmmaker Mode.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
So frustrating when trying to watch a stream or long video on the web browser of the C1 it keeps turning the screensaver on after 2 minutes.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So frustrating when trying to watch a stream or long video on the web browser of the C1 it keeps turning the screensaver on after 2 minutes.

I've never considered using the browser on the TV at all.

You got anything connected to the TV you could cast to?

Last edited: