OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
Have both and the brightness is definitely a game changer, but my s95B has bad color fringing and overall color accuracy is lacking. Also prefer the WebOs over Tizen

Color accuracy got fixed in the latest firmware update in Filmmaker Mode....I don't care as much for accuracy while gaming tho. I actually prefer a lil extra punch. I use Apple TV 4K for apps and don't deal with Tizen or WebOS in general....they both suck.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looked at the Sony OLED yesterday. My homie is in the vino industry and works with Hollywood and sports starts He fancy got the LG G series and a new M4. I don't know if going Sony or LG. My bro at a chain spot said cop a c series on it's on sale for 1600 which isn't bad. My mind says wait till I hit CES in January. Back for the first time gonna be :whoo::banderas::banderas::myman:. I'm waiting on that registration email.

OLED gang soon. No more LCD Vizio. :pacspit::hhh::hhh::youngsabo:. Oled owners y'all the real MVPs.

Word to Slim Reaper his Warriors year.

Waiting 'til CES is about to have you waiting until this time next year to buy a TV, breh. LG/Sony/Samsung are gonna bring their first look of the 2023 range to CES, and then try to clear inventory of this year's stuff.

Also, in a perfect world, I'd say get the Sony, but only having two HDMI 2.1 ports is a deal breaker for me.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
any recommended settings/tweakings (LG C2)?

I just turned it on as well as the PS5 and it looks good :ehh:

dunno if I need to do anything :yeshrug:

Jcotton1

All Star
Bushed
Daps
any recommended settings/tweakings (LG C2)?

I just turned it on as well as the PS5 and it looks good :ehh:

dunno if I need to do anything :yeshrug:

Look on AVS forums. That's the grown up AV forum. They have oleds there and also your LG is there check for the calibration thread. I'm an AV stan so I go there and check the serious detailed info on certain products speakers, wires and 4k Blu ray box sets.

Jcotton1

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I’m have to move this couch back a bit :whoo:

Also check out Golden Ear speakers. You can get some book shelves for about 800 and change. They give u more value then what you are actually paying. Hit up a legit home audio store. I have a higher tier pair sitting in a box waiting until I graduate. Them speakers :takedat::blessed:

Jcotton1

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I’m have to move this couch back a bit :whoo:

The guy who founded Polk audio came out with my joints. Sandy Gross. Go on their website put in your addy and see where location wise where they have the speakers. Since everything opens back up you should take a favorite CD or take ya phone and check out some tunes. Also NAD is a company out of Canada. They aren't well known mainstream wise but they have a chip that u can send back in and upgrade the internal components to what's popular with home audio.

Jcotton1

All Star
Bushed
Daps
HDTVtest does great YouTube reviews. You can tell many reviews ain't into home theater and just do it for clicks.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this is beautiful…reminds me of when I made the leap from a 1080 TV to 4k…I would’ve been perfectly fine sticking with an LED and never copping an OLED…but now that I’ve made the leap, the difference is noticeable and I can’t go back

Daps
Yo.

So I've been a lurker for a while and I just wanted to thank everyone in this thread.

I bought a LG 55G1 recently and this thing is... :wow::ohlawd::whew:

It took a while to adjust and not be constantly awed by the sharpness of the image, I mean I knew OLED was good but :damn:

Easily the best purchase I've made for quite some time.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Have both and the brightness is definitely a game changer, but my s95B has bad color fringing and overall color accuracy is lacking. Also prefer the WebOs over Tizen
I'll admit the colors on the Samsung look almost cartoonish at times. Like I said it's like the colors on a Galaxy phone but on a TV.