OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is the money spent on the 77 C1 vs the 65 inch worth the huge price difference?

Honestly, that's more of a subjective question, and it mostly depends on the room you're putting it in.

If you've got a pretty large space, then the 77 is definitely worth it. But if it's a smaller space, 77 might actually be too much TV, and you're better off saving the money and getting the 65.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Till Logitech shuts off the servers. To be honest I use my hub with Alexa and voice commands to change activities so most of the time I don't need the remote itself. I'm pretty sure Harmony was discontinued and they don't make them anymore.
Logitech promised to continue support when they announced the discontinuation. They still add devices.

Anyone have good settings for the c1?

Settings aren’t universal. Download a guide or buy a Spears and Munsen calibration disc. Or, if you have bread, how a pro calibrator.

Is the money spent on the 77 C1 vs the 65 inch worth the huge price difference?

It is to me. Never going back.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Logitech promised to continue support when they announced the discontinuation. They still add devices.
1) They haven't added my TV. I just used a QLED code for it.

2) Them promising to support a device they no longer deem worthy of selling means little. At some point in the not too distant future that support will be cut because it's an expense that generates no money for the company.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Vincent the Gawd :wow:

This is an old man yelling at a cloud. I liken the Samsung to a Galaxy phone. The colors on those phone screens are inaccurate but people prefer them. Amateur TV consumers who are not going spend lots of money to have their TVs professionally calibrated won't care what about he's saying. To the naked eye test those exaggerated colors make other TVs look dull. The new Sony will likely be a better TV than the Samsung and also cost a grand more minimum.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
This is an old man yelling at a cloud. I liken the Samsung to a Galaxy phone. The colors on those phone screens are inaccurate but people prefer them. Amateur TV consumers who are not going spend lots of money to have their TVs professionally calibrated won't care what about he's saying. To the naked eye test those exaggerated colors make other TVs look dull. The new Sony will likely be a better TV than the Samsung and also cost a grand more minimum.

Yeah you’re off base here

I would argue that people who buy these types of tvs do care about accuracy and settings, otherwise they would just buy Vizio and be happy.

A phone has an entirely different use case than a television.

Not sure how this is an old man yelling at a cloud when he’s basically exposing deceptive practices, the tech can be great and accurate.. as he proved with his 1000 nit reference monitor, I don’t see the problem here

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I would argue that people who buy these types of tvs do care about accuracy and settings, otherwise they would just buy Vizio and be happy.

Not sure how this is an old man yelling at a cloud when he’s basically exposing deceptive practices, the tech can be great and accurate.. as he proved with his 1000 nit reference monitor, I don’t see the problem here

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure where he was going with that argument. The average buyer that doesn't care about picture quality probably isn't fukking with OLED in general, off of cost alone. But even if they were, and you consider those same buyers probably aren't upgrading every three to five years, everything's an upgrade to them. A W-OLED at a few hundred to a thousand dollars less, or the same price for a bigger screen, is going to be a better deal for them.

That said, the concept of QD-OLED is great, but I'm fine with waiting it out for at least another year, even though I could use a new TV. From what we've got so far, the tech might need another year of iteration before it's where I'd like it to be.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Do you know many people who have a professional calibrator come over and calibrate their TV?

There are a few people on this site with OLEDs. Enough that we could do a poll and see how many of them have had a professional calibration. I bet it’s under 20% tops. I’ve been buying high end TVs for at least a decade now and have never had one. The overwhelming majority of people buy TVs like this and use out of the box settings.

Is it really deceptive practices when Samsung exaggerates the colors on these things and consumers buy it and hush about it?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
1) They haven't added my TV. I just used a QLED code for it.

2) Them promising to support a device they no longer deem worthy of selling means little. At some point in the not too distant future that support will be cut because it's an expense that generates no money for the company.
It JUST came out. If it's taking longer than you like, tell them.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This TV cost me 27 points on my credit score. I bought it for $2300 and it posted to my Amazon Visa that has a $6500 limit. Credit score dropped from an 823 to a 796 because of he utilization on a single card was 36%. Total utilization is like 5%. I’ll get it back but damn.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Do you know many people who have a professional calibrator come over and calibrate their TV?

There are a few people on this site with OLEDs. Enough that we could do a poll and see how many of them have had a professional calibration. I bet it’s under 20% tops. I’ve been buying high end TVs for at least a decade now and have never had one. The overwhelming majority of people buy TVs like this and use out of the box settings.

Is it really deceptive practices when Samsung exaggerates the colors on these things and consumers buy it and hush about it?

I disagree

They may not have a calibrator come through, but I’m willing to bet they at least go online to try to get some form of settings that will get them close.

Oleds are a premium product. The user base for most point is going to care about that shyt.

My sister seen my oled and said “looks like any other tv to me”, those are the people you’re talking about.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I disagree

They may not have a calibrator come through, but I’m willing to bet they at least go online to try to get some form of settings that will get them close.

Oleds are a premium product. The user base for most point is going to care about that shyt.

My sister seen my oled and said “looks like any other tv to me”, those are the people you’re talking about.
If you go get settings online you aren’t that serious about it. You’re casual enough to not care that your picture isn’t meeting reference quality because you literally won’t pay a professional to be sure it does. Online settings don’t even sniff a proper TV calibration. That’s like saying you only like luxury cars but you drive a Buick. People who are serious about this don’t cheap out on expense like that.