OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Amazon stood me up again today. I asked for another credit. Rep says he'll see what he can do. Now they telling me the TV is "sitting at the station" and they don't know yet when I'll get it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Finally got my Samsung. The colors on this thing make the LG look dull in comparison. It's literally like having a Galaxy phone level screen as a TV. In a few years I'll likely replace that LGC9 with either a Samsung or Sony QD-OLED if LG doesn't move on.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Anyone have the 77 or 83 inch C1? Wondering if the 83 is worth that extra money.
What size room? I got the 77 and sometimes I wonder if I should have gotten the 65 instead, at least for gaming. Its not bad for gaming, its just fukking huge.

Finally got my Samsung. The colors on this thing make the LG look dull in comparison. It's literally like having a Galaxy phone level screen as a TV. In a few years I'll likely replace that LGC9 with either a Samsung or Sony QD-OLED if LG doesn't move on.

Why'd you have to open pandoras box with this comparison, fukk :snoop:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures

@TripleAgent

Good call on advising to wait

Some of those issues would bother me, especially that upscaling and motion, which shouldn’t even be an issue on Oled

If I was strictly going to game on it, fine maybe but I’m doing everything on the Sony Oled now …

I’ll wait for the Sony version or maybe even next year

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I dont need a TV what so ever but that C1 tempting than a mug lol
do-it-come-on.gif

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

@TripleAgent

Good call on advising to wait

Some of those issues would bother me, especially that upscaling and motion, which shouldn’t even be an issue on Oled

If I was strictly going to game on it, fine maybe but I’m doing everything on the Sony Oled now …

I’ll wait for the Sony version or maybe even next year

Can't rush out and buy 1st gen tech unless you're prepared for issues. Also, those first videos were from shills or paid for by Samsung. The tech is obviously good, but if you believed it had zero issues, :francis:

EDIT: After watching the video, and the others, sounds like Samsung is on some bullshyt. Unless they change their attitude, I'm not buying any of their TVs.

Last edited:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What size room? I got the 77 and sometimes I wonder if I should have gotten the 65 instead, at least for gaming. Its not bad for gaming, its just fukking huge.

Why'd you have to open pandoras box with this comparison, fukk :snoop:
He does it in every thread :mjlol: