OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not big on projectors. More cost efficient, but I prefer the look of a high quality screen. Size issues are real. If I had the bread sitting around, I wouldn't go back to 64. I just can't. I wish I could have afforded the 83". :noah:

pound for pound 4K TVs will always look better than a 4K projector but size is where the projector can/will trump TVs…if you have a living room/room that has a large enough flat/blank wall space, it’d be like watching a 100-150” TV with magnificent quality…it will never be as sharp as watching a television tho…also watching TV/playing games during the day can present an issue as well depending on the projector

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I'll wait until next year. Hopefully, any potential issues will be ironed out, and they'll have a 77" model.

EDIT: Doing some reading on AVSForum. Zero way I'd buy the Samsung right now. There is some fukkery going on with the way they are running the panel. I strongly suggest anyone thinking about buying one do their homework.

Does that also extend to the Sony A95K since Samsung is manufacturing the display?

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are LG CX TVs out of stock everywhere? I’m trying to get a cheap one for my mum but can’t seem to find them anywhere?

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Are LG CX TVs out of stock everywhere? I’m trying to get a cheap one for my mum but can’t seem to find them anywhere?
More or less. You may find one if you trawl every electrical retailer but you are more likely to find a C1 on sale for sub £1000.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I've got a C8 & CX and some cash to burn. Has this shyt been noticeably better than your C7?

If it is I might make the jump....
Amazon didn’t deliver the TV today like I scheduled. I messaged them and they said there was a delay and I can get it tomorrow. I got a $25 credit for my troubles. I hooked up my old JS9000 in the bedroom cause I already moved the C9. These LCD imperfections are painful. The backlight bleeds into the picture. Don’t know how I dealt with this.

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
Amazon didn’t deliver the TV today like I scheduled. I messaged them and they said there was a delay and I can get it tomorrow. I got a $25 credit for my troubles. I hooked up my old JS9000 in the bedroom cause I already moved the C9. These LCD imperfections are painful. The backlight bleeds into the picture. Don’t know how I dealt with this.

Watched a bunch of YouTube videos and checked the thread on AVS Forum and my ass is sold.

I copped but it's not getting delivered until the 18th because I'm gonna be busy as fukk and I need my homie to pick up this C8 it's replacing.

Let me know what you think when they finally deliver it. All the mothafukkas on YouTube saying its the greatest TV ever made...