OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I might pull the trigger on this. It'll be a bytch to get rid of the C7 though.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I might pull the trigger on this. It'll be a bytch to get rid of the C7 though.

I'll wait until next year. Hopefully, any potential issues will be ironed out, and they'll have a 77" model.

EDIT: Doing some reading on AVSForum. Zero way I'd buy the Samsung right now. There is some fukkery going on with the way they are running the panel. I strongly suggest anyone thinking about buying one do their homework.

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m contemplating the C1 since it’s tried and true according to the feedback in here plus it’s $700 cheaper now that the C2 has dropped…C2 is newer but for this being my first OLED TV, I think the C1 will be more than satisfactory…one big plus about the C2 tho is it’s damn near 20 lbs lighter and the stand looks less cumbersome…but also it’s new tech so there might be early kinks that need to be worked out

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
I canceled my c2 oled order. I think im going for that samsung qd-oled s95b. 55 inches too big for my desk setup.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
I'll wait until next year. Hopefully, any potential issues will be ironed out, and they'll have a 77" model.

EDIT: Doing some reading on AVSForum. Zero way I'd buy the Samsung right now. There is some fukkery going on with the way they are running the panel. I strongly suggest anyone thinking about buying one do their homework.

I haven’t rocked with Samsung since the KS8000

Thought about going back but have been reading too that they have quality control issues … some people get screens tinted and with uniformity issues ..

I’ll wait for the Sony version, by the time that drops the glaring issues with this technology should be on blast for me make a proper decision

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I haven’t rocked with Samsung since the KS8000

Thought about going back but have been reading too that they have quality control issues … some people get screens tinted and with uniformity issues ..

I’ll wait for the Sony version, by the time that drops the glaring issues with this technology should be on blast for me make a proper decision
What I was referring to is that Vincent Teoh guy discovered that Samsung is artificially raising peak brightness past reference in a sort of "burst" mode to fool people that the new tech is WAY brighter than current OLED. I haven't even finished catching up, I am reading the last 3 weeks or so of the owner's thread. The Filmaker Mode doesn't even stop at reference, so if you're about film accuracy, it's a non-starter.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
What I was referring to is that Vincent Teoh guy discovered that Samsung is artificially raising peak brightness past reference in a sort of "burst" mode to fool people that the new tech is WAY brighter than current OLED. I haven't even finished catching up, I am reading the last 3 weeks or so of the owner's thread. The Filmaker Mode doesn't even stop at reference, so if you're about film accuracy, it's a non-starter.

Interesting

I’ll wait to see how Sony handles it, my oled from them was spot on in accuracy pretty much out the box

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
U should wait. U n1ggaz buyin 1st gen shyt is cray.
It's been sitting in my cart all day but I can't justify buying it when I have an LG C7 and C9. Honestly I need to figure out how to make a warranty claim on this C7 because in Jan 2023 the extended warranty expires. Might have to burn an image into it over some months.

But really though I don't have an issue with te Samsun being 1st gen tech if it's superior.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It's been sitting in my cart all day but I can't justify buying it when I have an LG C7 and C9. Honestly I need to figure out how to make a warranty claim on this C7 because in Jan 2023 the extended warranty expires. Might have to burn an image into it over some months.

But really though I don't have an issue with te Samsun being 1st gen tech if it's superior.
I respect wanting the new shyt, but I hate buying 1st year shyt, but, mostly, I can't gp back to 65". 77 is too great. 77 or better, and I'm plotting on one, assuming they iron out these accuracy issues. Allegedly, the uniformity issues are solved from OLED. That's exciting.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I respect wanting the new shyt, but I hate buying 1st year shyt, but, mostly, I can't gp back to 65". 77 is too great. 77 or better, and I'm plotting on one, assuming they iron out these accuracy issues. Allegedly, the uniformity issues are solved from OLED. That's exciting.

ok now you got me looking at the 77” C2 (I know you’re talking about the samsung tho) smh

*edit*

that’s a lot of fukking TV tho…damn…for that price too I’d rather get a short-throw projector…hmm

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Outside of wanting more brightness, I have no issues with the c1. Some shyt be too dim. My Samsung LED lasted over 8yrs. No way this oled goes that long.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
ok now you got me looking at the 77” C2 (I know you’re talking about the samsung tho) smh

*edit*

that’s a lot of fukking TV tho…damn…for that price too I’d rather get a short-throw projector…hmm
Not big on projectors. More cost efficient, but I prefer the look of a high quality screen. Size issues are real. If I had the bread sitting around, I wouldn't go back to 64. I just can't. I wish I could have afforded the 83". :noah: