OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

Daystew

Legion of Boom
Daps
Reppin
Lexington, KY
65” CX the week before the PS5 dropped. Magnificent. Went back to default picture settings for game mode. My tweaks weren’t nearly as good as how it looks out of the box.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Oled will have better darks than qled, but a top notch qled wiill have better brights with the advantage of not having to baby the tv. When having to choose between OLED and QLED, I went QLED and haven't regretted anything.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I got a lil ass Ford escape. Copped the 65 CX last month and the lady asked me if the TV would be able to stand up in my vehicle. She said laying the box down, I would be running the risk of cracking it due to the weight distribution. I had no choice but to lay it down and made sure I avoided every damn crack or bump in the road. It was a long 2 hour drive home but my TV survived:manny:
:picard:
Damn, the closet store to you was sold out or something?

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oled will have better darks than qled, but a top notch qled wiill have better brights with the advantage of not having to baby the tv. When having to choose between OLED and QLED, I went QLED and haven't regretted anything.

Word. Cuz I won’t lie and maybe the marketing scheme got to me but I saw a qled vs oled and I was sold on the qled picture quality. It was retarded but again, I might have to do more comparisons and may have fell for the marketing scheme.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
:picard:
Damn, the closet store to you was sold out or something?
Yeah. They could’ve sent it from that store to the closer one for me but it was Saturday and I didn’t have anything to do that day. Plus I didn’t want to wait the couple of days it would’ve taken to get it to the closer store.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Vizio buys their panels from LG. The LG ZX 8K OLED isn't even 12 bit because LG isn't making 12 bit color depth panels for retail TVs right now and you're suggesting Vizio who's buying LG panels has a 12 bit one?

There's a difference between accepting a 12 bit signal and the physical panel actually having 12 bit color depth.
Gradients on TVs: Color bit depth
No Vizio TV lister has 12 bit color depth. Hell no TV from 2020 listed including all flagships has it.
Not the zx, the X model. It's not available via conventional consumer ways of buying. It's noticeable too the extra color gamut. You'll see in 2022 what I'm talking about :hhh:
$900 Vizio OLED was the best Black Friday tv deal and it's not close
I'm mad it sold out on me
I peeped 3 of them was nearby, said fukk it
Not trying to be funny. Oled? No qled better?
stop the fomo
Well you can't regret what you don't know you're missing :francis:

Daps
copped the 55 inch Visio OLED some months back full price for my birthday
:francis:

spider-man: into the spider on oled :banderas: I don’t really regret the price, the picture and clearness is Unbelievable
The $900 Vizio OLED was the best black friday tv deal

The picture quality is pretty much identical to the CX w/ strengths and weaknesses in picture quality in some parts compared to the CX

Even though I think the CX is very overpriced now w/ the arrival of the Vizio OLED (would choose Vizio), I ended up getting the 55'' CX before it sold out during black friday after missing out on the Vizio deal because I knew it wouldn't be back in stock at its black friday price after that

Last edited:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Did yall get free headphones with your LG tv’s too? Mine came with their airpods knockoffs. Looked em up online n they retail for 150:ehh:

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
Bought a LG B9 in Jan and its been the best damn purchase I've made in years.

The way it completely transformed my movie watching and game playing experience :wow:

Watching The Revenant in 4K HDR on this thing, and my guilty pleasure .. War movies :wow:

horror movies hit different with the darkness.

And dont get me started on the game in my avatar, the GOAT experience