OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Philips 935 Oled +
Beautiful to look at, sounds magnificent... just doesn’t have the hdmi 2.1 ports needed for PS5 next gen...

Best TVs of 2020 - Editor's Choice Awards

Best luxury tv of 2020
Its a damn shame Panasonic don't sell their OLED tvs here in the states. My favorite brand in terms of home video. I still miss my Plasma from them. 55' ST30.

Daps
Played Days Gone for the first time
Looked like a damn near next gen game on my CX :gucci:
My settings are making games look crazy on the CX :wow:

Daps
Honestly, ive read that the out of the box settings are pretty good.

Theres a thread on Reset era that goes into details for settings on specific consoles tho, if your interested.

My LG got a game mode setting so i put it on that

Trying these out now, appreciate it.

Use the same settings I posted but decrease brightness to 46
Adjust game brightness accordingly
I think you have to adjust HDR in PS5 settings every time you change picture settings I don't know if someone can confirm that
Days Gone looked like a next gen game when I played it last night :gucci:
Went back to the out of box settings and the games went to being too soft looking again
For OLED light, I am going to experiment w/ that
If it doesn't change the picture quality aside from brightness I might lower it and increase it as I please as I tried 52 on Days Gone last night and it looked amazing
I was low key disappointed by the out of box settings but after discovering these settings :wow:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
What’s a good 65” to buy? I seen a Sony and the LG. Which one would y’all go with ? Can’t wait to buy it.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Smh....I just on a whim bought the 48'. I have no where to put it where it makes sense. I have to return both my other LG monitors and have to find a place to put the PS5 to actually try and fit the thing on my desk. What a disaster....but fucck it. Only one life to live.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What yall brehs do for stands? I got the 48 joint coming but I heard the stand is shyt. Also what is the speaker like on them shyts? Anyone else use the TV as a monitor?

Daps
What yall brehs do for stands? I got the 48 joint coming but I heard the stand is shyt. Also what is the speaker like on them shyts? Anyone else use the TV as a monitor?
incredible speakers for a tv
I honestly don't think I need surround sound w/ the HDMI 2.1
Make sure you tweak your out of box picture settings to get the most out of the CX
I find the out of box image is clear but too smooth and soft if that makes sense

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
incredible speakers for a tv
I honestly don't think I need surround sound w/ the HDMI 2.1
Make sure you tweak your out of box picture settings to get the most out of the CX
I find the out of box image is clear but too smooth and soft if that makes sense

I've never seen an OLED before so I feel like no matter what I see first Ima think its amazing regardless of calibration. I'll take a closer look though.

Daps
I've never seen an OLED before so I feel like no matter what I see first Ima think its amazing regardless of calibration. I'll take a closer look though.
The out of box image is very smooth and clear. But it's too smooth. The image lacks that "pop" for games
I was disappointed because I thought the image was good but not incredible like a lot of people from OLED gang were claiming
So I adjusted my settings and games look INCREDIBLE now no matter what it is
The image is falling out the screen