OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Bit the bullit and ordered a LG 65' CX. Dark Souls on ps5 made me want to stop playing on my monitor and do it right. Im back!

Dont forget to claim your free LG XBOOM blue tooth speaker (think beats pill) from LG website.

all OLED and Nanocell purchases get one, if the promotion is still going on. I just got mine today.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
People be selling oleds on Craigslist now, court. Maybe if you throw in a sony walkman or jvc kaboom box, you might get them to give you a 50 cent discount.
I just got a vizio, and if you rocking a cx? You limited to 10bit color :scust:

Only thing that needs an update on the vizio is 4k/120/vrr combined. 4k/120 works fine, 1440p/120/vrr works fine
1080p/120/VRR works fine. The one mode that isn't working right will with the next firmware update.

Latest vizio info, I'm the Rucker, bringer :ufdup:

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier

Only thing that needs an update on the vizio is 4k/120/vrr combined. 4k/120 works fine, 1440p/120/vrr works fine
1080p/120/VRR works fine. The one mode that isn't working right will with the next firmware update.

tenor.gif

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Dont forget to claim your free LG XBOOM blue tooth speaker (think beats pill) from LG website.

all OLED and Nanocell purchases get one, if the promotion is still going on. I just got mine today.
Was this a new promotion? Black Friday only? Or does it go back a few weeks?

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Daps

Damn. I have a 2019 LG OLED that this applies to.

I did my own research and the Vizio OLED is actually a great deal
It's the hardware/software bugs that fukk it up
In terms of picture quality it's almost indistinguishable from people who own both
VRR might be broken for all OLED panels since LG makes them so the 400+ premium for the CX might not be worth it for some people if they can get pretty much the same picture quality
It might not be fixed for the C11 either

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I did my own research and the Vizio OLED is actually a great deal
It's the hardware/software bugs that fukk it up
In terms of picture quality it's almost indistinguishable from people who own both
VRR might be broken for all OLED panels since LG makes them so the 400+ premium for the CX might not be worth it for some people if they can get pretty much the same picture quality
It might not be fixed for the C11 either
This is what happens to the people that buy new tech in the early days. You get something and it's advertised to have a feature set and when it doesn't it's oh we messed up oh well. 2 years from now people will but OLEDs that don't have jacked up black levels on VRR content for 20-30% lower than we paid for this and our TVs will be still defective and unreturnable.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
This is what happens to the people that buy new tech in the early days. You get something and it's advertised to have a feature set and when it doesn't it's oh we messed up oh well. 2 years from now people will but OLEDs that don't have jacked up black levels on VRR content for 20-30% lower than we paid for this and our TVs will be still defective and unreturnable.
Not necessarily. LG has consistently gone above and beyond for OLED owners. They are replacing panels with burn in on 4 year old sets for free. All OLED owners get immediate access to VIP Customer Service. Vizio...good luck with that:francis:

Will probably come down to how the fix is implemented.

This breh @PS5 acting all brand new now that he got an OLED...
:mjlol:

You believe him?:usure: