OLED TV Owners Thread (OLED Gang): Purchases, Recommendations and Updates

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Your mistake was buying an 8K TV right now. When 8K content becomes more common your first generation TV will be way out of date. Kinda like those people that bought the early 4K TVs that don't even have HDCP 2.2 or HDMI 2.0 on them and they can't even get a 4K pic on Ultra HD Blu-Ray players. Also the prices will be much better.
Oh im not worried about that. I was already getting another one later on anyway :mjlit:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Oh im not worried about that. I was already getting another one later on anyway :mjlit:
Later on there will be some other first generation product available. With some tech buying cutting edge stuff is a waste of money. With TVs it’s never a good idea to buy the newest flagship with all the specs that are worthless when it’s released. Think of what happened to all the early 3DTV buyers. Hell you can’t even get 3D on a TV now.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They're right..you shouldn't have bought it
Even if you got the money to burn there’s better things to do than get raped on buying overpriced tech that’s too early to be ready for primetime. You’ll end up paying thousands more for it and be their beta tester. When the tech matures you get to buy it all over again or beta test their next product.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
C8 you can't even get a hold of those anymore breh, we don't hustle backwards anyway.

C9 on deep clearance or CX straight up
I ended up going back and getting that C9 at Sam's. It was in pristine condition and had about 2000 hours on it. So now I got a C7 and a C9. I'll be getting rid of any other TVs I have even if it means I gotta dump them at the local pawn shop.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I ended up going back and getting that C9 at Sam's. It was in pristine condition and had about 2000 hours on it. So now I got a C7 and a C9. I'll be getting rid of any other TVs I have even if it means I gotta dump them at the local pawn shop.

I didn't realize it was the display model :mjpls: Make sure you can get that panel replaced

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
88 days into owning it my LG C9 took a dive on me. Only one of the HDMI ports works for one single device. PS4 Pro gives me a black screen. Requested service for it. Probably gonna unhook it and plug back up the Samsung 4K LCD TV until they can get out here. I don't feel like taking my other OLED off the mount in the other room.

Never had this happen for such an expensive product.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Still haven't copped a new oled since my 2016 LG B6 got destroyed 2 years ago. I really miss it. I have been checking out the latest oleds, but I still prefer my B6 panel.

The other reason why I haven't bought a new oled is because I don't watch movies anymore. I think an oled is the best experience to view film media.

For gaming I prefer a 27' - 32' screen size. If they make a 32' oled monitor, id be all over it.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Still haven't copped a new oled since my 2016 LG B6 got destroyed 2 years ago. I really miss it. I have been checking out the latest oleds, but I still prefer my B6 panel.

The other reason why I haven't bought a new oled is because I don't watch movies anymore. I think an oled is the best experience to view film media.

For gaming I prefer a 27' - 32' screen size. If they make a 32' oled monitor, id be all over it.