Old Going For Gold: USA Men's Olympic Basketball - Next Up The Main Event vs France (8/10 @ 3:30pm ET)

Where Will The Olympic Team Medal?

• Gold

Votes: 168 91.3%
  • Silver

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Bronze

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • No Medal

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this discourse around Tatum not playing is way too much, it’s just the internet making a bigger deal of it than it is. There are always players who don’t get burn on Olympic teams. Last Olympics they only ran a 9 man rotation, 3 players didn’t play. The roster just happens to be better this time around and it’s guys like Hali & Tatum sitting, not Jerami Grant, Keldon Johnson & Javale McGee

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let’s be real here, a real dog would be pissed off not playing today. If JT just sits back like :manny: his reputation will take a hit. Imagine Kobe getting DNP'd, mannnn :russ:. He woulda been in post game saying fukk all you mutha fukkas. :pacspit:
why would Kobe be getting DNP though?

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
Im a biased Harden fan, but seeing as this is turning into a legacy team, I would’ve loved to see Harden/Kawhi on the team over Hali/Tatum. Although they were obviously way more deserving. Harden/Kawhi/Steph/LeBron/KD were the best 5 guys of the 2010’s. Would’ve been cool to see that lineup.

Anyway, Team USA looked different today. The team that played today will roll through the tournament.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
this discourse around Tatum not playing is way too much, it’s just the internet making a bigger deal of it than it is. There are always players who don’t get burn on Olympic teams. Last Olympics they only ran a 9 man rotation, 3 players didn’t play. The roster just happens to be better this time around and it’s guys like Hali & Tatum sitting, not Jerami Grant, Keldon Johnson & Javale McGee

In which olympics did an all nba first team swingman not get any minutes in any singular game? You guys are crazy as hell with these excuses.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
There has to be zero chance Kerr coaches again in 4 years.

Once Steph retires people will magically see what type of coach he is.

How much did Phil Jackson win without arguably the best player in the league?

Popovich?

Good players make good coaches not vice versa.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
In which olympics did an all nba first team swingman not get any minutes in any singular game? You guys are crazy as hell with these excuses.

WHY DO YOU
KEEP HARPING ON HIS
FIRST TEAM SELECTION
WHEN YOU DONT BELIEVE
HE DESERVES THE SELECTION
IN THE FIRST PLACE?

:devil:
:evil:

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i just realized that the next olympics is in LA
are we sure 2024 is bron's final olympics?

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How much did Phil Jackson win without arguably the best player in the league?

Popovich?

Good players make good coaches not vice versa.
I’ve seen enough of Kerr with great players. He in fact does not make them better. Several NBA seasons,Tokyo & the Olympics should tell you that.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
i just realized that the next olympics is in LA
are we sure 2024 is bron's final olympics?
He said it is himself. But maybe if it gets closer he can change his mind..

But I think its crazy to expect him to still be playing at high level at 45 years old. Just enjoy this moment with him, KD, and Curry.. This is an incredible moment in time that we never got in the last few olympics.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK

WHY DO YOU
KEEP HARPING ON HIS
FIRST TEAM SELECTION
WHEN YOU DONT BELIEVE
HE DESERVES THE SELECTION
IN THE FIRST PLACE?

:devil:
:evil:

I’m making the point that Tatum is more like a 2nd or 3rd team guy but due to lack of competition, he makes first team easily.

Instead of thinking there’s an agenda behind my post, trying answering my question:

In which non exhibition Olympic game did a healthy first team swingmen not get any minutes? I’ve never seen it.