Old Going For Gold: USA Men's Olympic Basketball - Next Up The Main Event vs France (8/10 @ 3:30pm ET)

Where Will The Olympic Team Medal?

• Gold

Votes: 168 91.3%
  • Silver

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Bronze

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • No Medal

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Jokic +- for this game was zero. Serbia was negative 26 in the 9 minutes he wasnt on the floor

USA just played the greatest game in the history of their international teams. Had several legitimate all time performances from some of the best players they ever had

wAnd still you weren't good enough to outplay a team with 1 guy when he was on the floor

If you play anybody that has depth that goes beyond 1 guy, you're gonna lose

good-luck-liam-neeson.gif

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Man, Tatum must have no ego. I'm afraid he won't reach that next level.

Superstar
Daps
You’re not wrong. Kerr definitely doesn’t understand superstar mentalities. It’s why he couldn’t keep Durant in Golden State.

But I think playing White, Drue and Book heavy minutes was the right play given how Serbia is structured. Running a billion pick and rolls with small guards trying to get you to go under screens so they can launch 30 3’s or get Jokic in a mismatch. The intensity the U.S. was able to bring with their guards wore down Serbia. Plus Lebron and KD being on demon time made it hard to sub them out.

I bet Tatum plays 20 minutes or more vs South Sudan.

I don’t know why everybody is crying like JT is their son, playing in the church league, and he’s never going to see minutes again. You play the team that will win, you do what it takes to win.

You support the hot hand, not dilute his touches. This is an amazing team that is fortunate enough to be able to reconfigure itself, on the fly, to meet the challenge and do what it takes.

Like goddamn! shyt made it to the new cycle and nikkas in here like somebody’s homely single mother and shyt: “ :damn: I bought Jayson a new pair of Jordans, a new Nike arm sleeve, AND I took off work today to watch my baby play coach! Why isn’t he InNnN?!”

nikkas ain’t never won a free ticket on a scratch off but now, all of a sudden, NBA champion JT don’t have what it takes to go to the next level because he’s a good teammate and willing to do what works…. FOR ONE fukkING GAME?!

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Jokic +- for this game was zero. Serbia was negative 26 in the 9 minutes he wasnt on the floor

USA just played the greatest game in the history of their international teams. Had several legitimate all time performances from some of the best players they ever had

wAnd still you weren't good enough to outplay a team with 1 guy when he was on the floor

If you play anybody that has depth that goes beyond 1 guy, you're gonna lose

good-luck-liam-neeson.gif
+- in a blowout :russ:

2012 Olympic KD 19.5 ppg on 52% from 3 in 26 mpg

2016 Olympic KD 19.4 ppg on 58% from 3 in 29 mpg

2020 Olympic KD 20.7 ppg on 37% from 3 in 27 mpg (worst U.S. team since 2004)

You’re fukked :umad:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bums with hate in their heart. Love to see a black man, who is winning in life, taking an L. Makes them feel better about them being walking L’s :snoop:

Not everybody, but a good portion of those guys.
It's typical twitter. Folks start with a couple jokes and it snowballs. Tatum will be OK. He is a champion and made of stronger stuff. This is on Kerr for creating this. Feels like something was said or maybe Tatum didn't do enough at practice and an example is being made.

I am sure we will find out soon enough.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Seeing KD just shut shyt down immediately was incredible, and it just shows the level of talent on this team that STILL can't be fukked with

But but bu NBA teams can't call themselves world champions because they didn't play Real Madrid. FOH every NBA team would blow that shyt out the fukking water, pause.

:sas2:Soccer is full of shyt cause it's nothing BUT super teamsm. fukk Real Madrid and Spain in general btw.

#ManCity

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In all this let's not forget this is hot take country. Olympics basketball ebbs and flows. There will be a time were KD and Steph struggle and Bron isn't as effective, and Tatum steps up.

That's how the game goes. Folks shytting on him now will be quiet then though.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
If anything, he'll split Bam and AD, and have tatum play with one of them. The offense was clogged with both of them and no bron on the floor

Good point and also a reminder that folk are gaslighting Tatum with that ‘for the team’ shyt. Bc to split Bam and AD would mean bench Embiid, who without question has been the worst fit on the team and definitely not a better fit than AD or Bam.

But Kerr ain’t DNP’ing Embiid. He won’t even bench him