Old games you were amaze by that had features that's not prevalent now

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
2K13 Player of the Game highlights shyt on any other year.

Soldier of Fortune had realistic exit wound effects... Which would probably be disturbing with today's graphics though.:merchant:

Aliens vs predator 2 had gore just like this with each body part being destructible, as an alien eating the body of your enemy helped you regain health.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Shenmue, replaying it again im sitting here bored out if my mind. Having to do a bunch of errands for neighbors and shyt while having a 10 o clock curfew with no fighting. Yakuza>>>>>> this

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:mjlol:

At this Turning into EA removing madden features thread
Let me add my two cents to this Madden sh*t..

What happened to the weather changes around this b*tch?? It raining in the 1st quarter, then it stops in the 2nd quarter, 3 quarter is bright sunshine with a slick field, 4th quarter its raining again:wow: Switching defensive players from zone to blitz with a simple quick flick of the stick was :whew:

NCAA Football on OG Xbox and PS2.. create-a-school was:ohlawd: You were the head coach, created the uniforms, picked a stadium, recruited your ass off then you got an invite to a big conference when your teams started to win consistently:mjcry: Remember all the schools they had even the HBCU:noah:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
More on Star Wars Galaxies (MMORPG)

Since the entire planet was traversable each planet had things called "POI's" or "Places of Interest" like for example you could ride your speeder bike from mos eisley to luke's home on tattooine, or go to Jabba the hutts palace on tattooine and you could see Boba Fett inside or go to the tuskan fort. To Travel from planet to planet you literally had to buy a ticket and wait at the starport for the ship to arrive. In the beginning of the game it was a 10minute wait so people would sort-of gather at the starport waiting on the shuttle. It was a very social game.

latest

latest

latest

go to yavin 4 and go to the dark jedi enclave

latest

or if you are fully leveled and are buffed by a doctor travel to dathomir and visit the nightsister caves, the very place that birthed Darth Maul

latest

:usure:

latest

There were like 32 professions, and every single character had 250 skill points. Skills gradually became more expensive as you leveled up in a certain profession. The outcome of this type of system was that you could have have a wide variety of skills and abilities based on how you distributed these skill points. For example, you could be a Teras Kasi Master (hand to hand combat) and a Doctor at the same time (good healing ability/buffs/etc) but you have to give up other skills obviously to obtain this build since you only have 250 skill points. There were so many different builds and possibilities. There were professions where you couldn't even compete in combat, for example you could be a Dancer or a Musician. These professions literally just sit in a cantina all day playing or /dancing and if a player grouped with these dancers/musicians and "watched" or "listened" to them for 10 minutes you would receive a mind pool buff. Some people played this game just going Doctor/Musician/Dancer to buff people and socialize in cantinas. The galaxy felt like it was alive. The war between Rebels and Imperials was fukking real, shyt got PERSONAL in this video game, the community was incredible. If you were Imperial/Rebel and you flagged yourself for PvP any rebel who has also flagged themselves for PvP could attack you at any time, and it took an hour for you to disable /pvp once you enabled it. You could also declare war on entire guilds and anyone in that guild was attackable at ALL times, there were tons of guild wars it was amazing. People became well known for their PvP ability, the combat system was such that a skilled player could literally repel/kill/escape from 6-10 combatants. Combat was more of a chess match. Rebels outnumbered Imperials 10 to 1 on my server and 5-6 of us imperials could take out a group of 20 rebels (no joke) because our teamwork and ability were superior.

this is an example of the combat, as you can see abilities are being spammed constantly (top right in the video you can see his abilities being queued up as he is spamming; people would make a macro to instantly clear their combat queue in case they needed to queue up a different ability immediately), there are three health pools, Health (red), Action(green), and Mind (blue). If any singular one of these pools reaches 0 you are incapacitated. An enemy player has to run up and "deathblow" you (basically double click on the body) before you are killed. There are "states" that you can apply to people such as Blindness, Dizzy, Stun and something else. If you Dizzy a player and then use a knock down/posture down ability they will fall on the ground and just have a random chance at "standing" up if they spam stand, or they can clear the state if they're a doctor or a jedi using heal states, and you can use these abilities while knocked down and dizzied on the ground. So the idea was to get these statuses applied to knock your enemy down and then try to burst damage them to death. A lot of the animations for the melee attacks were really fukking cool. The game was extremely innovative.

Last edited:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
The original Unreal had , still, til this day, the funnest TDM settings.. in 1998... But it never returned in any of the unreal tournament games and havnt seen it in any FPS (at least big title) since.

it was 4v4v4v4 TDM, Yellow, Green, REd and Blue.. and now games are obviously just red vs blue..
Halo does teams of 2. Called doubles
Back on PS2, you used to be able to create your own formations and plays in Madden.

:pacspit: @ EA for removing it
it was cheesie as fukk tho, and was glitched out.

I'd love for NBA2K to steal the NFL Street pick-up game style where they'd randomly generate a list of players for you and your opponent to take turns picking from. Couldn't do it with a full football team, but for an NBA game that could work.
madden does it with draft champs and it has legends in there also

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Back in the day on NCAA football u use to be able to make signs for when u scored, gave up a big play, got a first down, won the game and loss the game. And u use to be able to control the crowd and it would fukk up your play calling on audibles.

Full spectrum warriors the u commanded a squad and how they followed your orders was so next level, the game came out in like 03

Desert storm
It had crazy squad control in it also, bunch of way to kill people and if your soldier died they would spawn u another one and u would never see that person again

Darth Nubian

I bought my first Ki from my baby momma brother
Daps
Reppin
The Black Star
its to make room for graphics.. they think all we care about is how realistic a game looks... we don't care about gameplay

and also 75% of these kids don't even know about or care about the past to even know those features existed

but as far as football goes .. I miss front page sports 96 on my PC ... they did stuff still not done today..
the trades where realistic.. I was able to realign divisions

This game was fire. Best playbook editor ever.