TheLostOnes

Laker for life
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Leasy going for Poty2017 :wow:

Good thread topic.

Realistic web swinging in Spider-Man 2: The Game >>> all the shyt that came afterwards.

Speaking of spider-man, yall remember enter electro had the costume creator? you could choose up to 3 powers total from all the costumes and it could have the appearance of any one of them :wow:

Never saw no shyt like that again :sadcam:
Back when Activision actually gave a damn :mjcry:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Games have actively been removing features for 2 generations and I don't know why it isn't talked about more.

its to make room for graphics.. they think all we care about is how realistic a game looks... we don't care about gameplay

and also 75% of these kids don't even know about or care about the past to even know those features existed

but as far as football goes .. I miss front page sports 96 on my PC ... they did stuff still not done today..
the trades where realistic.. I was able to realign divisions

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'd love for NBA2K to steal the NFL Street pick-up game style where they'd randomly generate a list of players for you and your opponent to take turns picking from. Couldn't do it with a full football team, but for an NBA game that could work.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I'd love for NBA2K to steal the NFL Street pick-up game style where they'd randomly generate a list of players for you and your opponent to take turns picking from. Couldn't do it with a full football team, but for an NBA game that could work.
Madden does this with Draft champions.

It's cool.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Virtua Fighter 4 and 5 had a neat little feature where every few matches or so you had a chance to win a cosmetic item for your character if you won that match, and it honestly made everything much more intense, even if the item in question was silly. I would love for something like that to pop up in another game, like in 2k Myteam, with matches randomly giving you a chance to win anything from a new pack of cards to a rare card if you win, and leaving you with nothing if you lose.

Actually, after typing that out, all of that sounds more frustrating than fun to me now, so nevermind.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
When does the NFL licence for ea sports run up?

I believe next year is EA's last year before the NFL and EA have to renew the contract but the catch is that any other company can prevent that from happening by offering up more money or some other incentive. Last time 5 companies were in the bid for it but i can see Take-Two bodying EA considering that all they have to do is show their NBA 2K games compared to EA's. Plus 2K sells more than Madden now, so there's that too

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
I believe next year is EA's last year before the NFL and EA have to renew the contract but the catch is that any other company can prevent that from happening by offering up more money or some other incentive. Last time 5 companies were in the bid for it but i can see Take-Two bodying EA considering that all they have to do is show their NBA 2K games compared to EA's. Plus 2K sells more than Madden now, so there's that too
So if that happens then that just means 2k can only make games? That's weak.. we need competition .. 2 games a year, make them actually work