OKC's Steven Adams Calls The Warriors "Monkeys"

Daps
nikkas in this thread acting like Steph don't look like Curious George. I say that to get your attention, hell my 5 year old look like Curious George too. It's not cuz we look like monkeys though, it's cuz monkeys look like us. They literally been drawing cartoon monkeys with our characteristics for centuries now, thats what we should be mad about if anything. Steven Adams is not the enemy here, we can't even appreciate a spot on analogy cuz we're so hurt from our conditioning.
:mjpls:monkeys have thin lips neanderthals came from monkeys

Last edited:

Victim of Racism

I'm a brehette
Daps

Victim of Racism

I'm a brehette
Daps
Adams was referring to guards in general, not specifically the Warriors guards. And the only c00ns and racists here are the ones who inherently view themselves as monkeys and are ready to hold a rally everytime someone uses the term. The connotations here were obviously non-racial, Adams is beloved by his black Thunder teammates. This is a non-story.

Remember, context is everything.

:dahell: If people "inherently view themselves as monkeys", they wouldn't be "ready to hold a rally everytime someone uses the term". Your :cape: for Afrikans being insulted (purposely or not) is just:scust:-status.

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
I wonder if he said..
"We found a chink in their armor"
"Their fast like Mexican jumping beans" would people say get over it:patrice:
Everybody talks that"context" shyt until it's their people getting shytted on..
fukking mental midgets protecting this bum ass bytch:pacspit:

Oh come on!!!! this is just outrage for the sake of outrage!!! We all KNOW what he meant and he didnt mean what u wish he would mean.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I call my daughter a little monkey, am I saying she is a monkey in a derogatory way or am I saying she is so hyperactive and all over the place?
i understand that bro... i call my friends nikka... but if steven adams said, "damn those nikkas is fast" i'd have to QUESTION what he meant by it

i'm not calling the man a racist.. i'm not even saying he meant it as a black thing.. i'm just saying you can't be blind to the fact that monkey is a name they've called blacks for centuries and SOME people might have done a double take

Victim of Racism

I'm a brehette
Daps
I call my daughter a little monkey, am I saying she is a monkey in a derogatory way or am I saying she is so hyperactive and all over the place?

You're saying you're insulting your daughter. You should never call a human a monkey, especially your own child. Moreover, I would hope you don't feel about your child the way he feels about his opponents. False comparison.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
i have to say though adams is wrong because when racists in america think of a team full of monkeys, the golden state warriors are the team that springs to their mind. the blackest team out there right now. and the okc thunder are so pale that a racist like adams can't help but feel at home in the locker room.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This thread has exposed so many of y'all.

I guess when the Italian manager called Balotelli, a little monkey y'all was cool... cuz he's foreign and monkey is a compliment right? :ohhh:

But then months later he called him a little ****** and Italian supporters were throwing bananas at him from the stands :ohhh:

I guess anything less subtle than a banana to the face is undetectable by some of you brehs:francis:

You havr brehs in this forum going harder at black ppl for being offended than they ever would at someone actually saying something racist :mjlol:

TheColi.com

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Oh come on!!!! this is just outrage for the sake of outrage!!! We all KNOW what he meant and he didnt mean what u wish he would mean.

and apologized. How is this 18 pages

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
i have to say though adams is wrong because when racists in america think of a team full of monkeys, the golden state warriors are the team that springs to their mind. the blackest team out there right now. and the okc thunder are so pale that a racist like adams can't help but feel at home in the locker room.

Curry don't even look black and he is the face of that team. What a stupid stupid thread this has turned into.

Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw P's Coat Hangers
Hmmm...

It was a poor choice of words...

He IMMEDIATELY apologized...

He's not American; so while this quote wouldn't mean much back in NZ, the context in the US is far worse (IE, the word "c*nt" is a pretty bad insult in the UK for cacs, it's an automatic fighting word in the US)...

And he has zero history of racist quotes...

Unlike another player from the South Pacific on the opposing team... :mjpls:

Not sure what else you coli militants want him to do...

Do y'all want him to hold a press conference and look dead in the camera and say "I'm a dirty Aussie cac that's envious of the black man's CLEAR superiority over my race.... Th-th-th-the coli DOT com... :mjcry:"

He made a mistake, he acknowledged and apologized for it, not much else Adams can do.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Curry don't even look black and he is the face of that team. What a stupid stupid thread this has turned into.
come on. warriors got klay thompson and steph curry. adams plays with kevin durant and russell westbrook, of course he's racist.

why he gotta call the brehs monkeys tho?
monkey+Animal+pictures.jpg