OH HELL NAW: Yvette Carnell Got a White Wife?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
You are lying, stop being emotional with your insults because I don't care man. you just go by how you feel.

Show proof that black americans are being black balled and stop acting like those in the fields are all in some secret jails or something or that this country is intimidating our people here not to be involved.

Black americans aint promoting STEM like that and you know it, stop all the excuses.
What am I lying about?
I didn't insult you I stated a fact, you literally try to deflect what I wrote to ask questions that have nothing to do with anything I actually said. I feel for you.

I've linked a few articles for you.

Black Americans value STEM education higher than white americans in rate, there is no lack of wanting to or valuing STEM majors in black americans. Again speaking more down talk about black americans out of ignorance.
https://www.sciencemag.org/careers/2008/05/african-americans-studying-stem-parsing-numbers
In 2006, 34% of African-American freshmen intended to major in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields, according to data from Science and Engineering Indicators 2008. That number is larger than the percentage of incoming white freshmen--29.5%--who planned to major in science or engineering.

Given the abundance of stories in the media about the underrepresentation of minority students in STEM fields, these data are encouraging and surprising, but the trend is not especially new. Data going back to 1985 show African-American freshmen consistently specifying STEM majors at a higher rate than their white peers. African Americans also enroll in college at rates roughly on par with their representation in the population, so at the very beginning of college, the representation of African Americans in STEM fields is slightly in excess of their representation in the general population.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Not wrong at all actually.
1) Stem crisis is a myth and I agree with you, regarding it being held to this gold standard. Most stem fields are overcrowded and the myth is made largely to get foreign students in to funnel to h1b status so they can depress wages.

Also I never said all Africans think like Todd. I said some do.
B. AAs make up most Blacks in this country and most black students in this country in going to college. There are more colleges than your high level PWI which I was referring to no all PWIs. So black americans make up the vast majority of all black degree earners in this country just by our sheer number.
C. Never said todd did anything, read a bit better.
D. Not rambling at all.

DoS don't need government, we need each other, and to start putting each other first, like every other group does.
AFrican immigrants support each other and their countrymen, Indians support each other, asians support each others, whites support each other, Black Americans need to support each other first and stop being so inclusive. just my opinion.
A. You didn't clarify that till now but thanks for doing so.
B. Why do you think Blacks (1st gen or African) are getting into these top Universities and fields? Is it not due to their merit? The NBA and NFL has a lot more 1st gen, is it due to their status or their merit. So you want AAs to hold a spot at an institution they are not prepared for because they are AA? Your question would be better suited if it focuses on the levels way before college begins if you are talking about top 15-25 institutions.

DoS clearly need government. Look at thecoli, this is probably the best community I've seen Black folks in and we are a wreck. Just imagine outside of here where you got every male and female with their own agenda. Contrary to popular belief, Black folks never had a collective agenda since reconstruction ended. Not during the 20s with Garvey or 60s with King and X. Not during the 2000s with Obama. We been divided and will continue to be because there are only 1 million spots and 48 million of us and we all trying to escape. Even the one out trying to escape that level.

African immigrants don't really support each other and for those who do, let's not at like it's an utopia experience with those same Africans regardless of tribe. The issue is simple, America is a resource and deliverables country. If you don't have either one which most Blacks regardless of DoS status or not don't have. Since this is not China or India. Our governments don't pay America to give us a jump start to succeed in America. For the most part, everyone just chasing the bag.

This unity assumption is flat out untrue.

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What am I lying about?
I didn't insult you I stated a fact, you literally try to deflect what I wrote to ask questions that have nothing to do with anything I actually said. I feel for you.

I've linked a few articles for you.

Black Americans value STEM education higher than white americans in rate, there is no lack of wanting to or valuing STEM majors in black americans. Again speaking more down talk about black americans out of ignorance.
https://www.sciencemag.org/careers/2008/05/african-americans-studying-stem-parsing-numbers

So if a lot of black americans value it, then why don't we have an abundance, are they all in some secret jails or being discouraged or something.

Do they change majors to where they are accepted, what is it? You still haven't answered this

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
So if a lot of black americans value it, then why don't we have an abundance, are they all in some secret jails or being discouraged or something.

Do they change majors to where we are accepted, what is it?

A. You didn't clarify that till now but thanks for doing so.
B. Why do you think Blacks (1st gen or African) are getting into these top Universities and fields? Is it not due to their merit? The NBA and NFL has a lot more 1st gen, is it due to their status or their merit. So you want AAs to hold a spot at an institution they are not prepared for because they are AA? Your question would be better suited if it focuses on the levels way before college begins if you are talking about top 15-25 institutions.

DoS clearly need government. Look at thecoli, this is probably the best community I've seen Black folks in and we are a wreck. Just imagine outside of here where you got every male and female with their own agenda. Contrary to popular belief, Black folks never had a collective agenda since reconstruction ended. Not during the 20s with Garvey or 60s with King and X. Not during the 2000s with Obama. We been divided and will continue to be because there are only 1 million spots and 48 million of us and we all trying to escape. Even the one out trying to escape that level.

African immigrants don't really support each other and for those who do, let's not at like it's an utopia experience with those same Africans regardless of tribe. The issue is simple, America is a resource and deliverables country. If you don't have either one which most Blacks regardless of DoS status or not don't have. Since this is not China or India. Our governments don't pay America to give us a jump start to succeed in America. For the most part, everyone just chasing the bag.

This unity assumption is flat out untrue.
Not going to derail this thread, open a thread in The Root and we'll continue.

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not going to derail this thread, open a thread in The Root and we'll continue.

Lets say you are correct, what does that change though?

It doesn't solve any of the problems that we have, people just want feel good about what they are typing as some sort of accomplishment but it does nothing.

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
Lets say you are correct, what does that change though?

It doesn't solve any of the problems that we have, people just want feel good about what they are typing as some sort of accomplishment but it does nothing.

Take it to the Root, fukker :what:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Look at Yvette’s last video. Probably around 42 minute mark . Boyce is finished :manny:

All that black empowerment talk and he’s just a pitchman for cacs and Asians selling “hopes and dreams”

I don’t agree with everything Yvette says, but she at least makes fact driven arguments.

50:50 is the point where she goes off